ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What are the wage cut off points?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
hewittinspain
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 266
Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:24
Gender: Male

Re: What are the wage cut off points?

Post by hewittinspain »

fishtank wrote:
So basically if I go on sick this thursday (as an example) then I would still recieve a full wage in the same week but a day less the following week????
We do not work a week in hand but since we are paid on thursday,the pay needs to be processed by wednesday,if for example you went sick on thursday,friday or saturday you would obviously not be deducted until the following week.

That is where the confusion has happened.
On the tuesday your manager should have informed payroll in advance that you would be working fri-sat....he didn't and therefore you didn't get paid.
You are due 2 days pay.
It will probably go in with this week's pay.
I think its 3 im owed. I was paid for the wednesday(confirmed by HR) which was induction day. I then worked in the del office Thur Fri and Sat!. Ive just been posted my wage slip and have £211 I was expecting £400.
Will I upset the apple cart seeing my rep with me being a new starter.?
hewittinspain
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 266
Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:24
Gender: Male

Re: What are the wage cut off points?

Post by hewittinspain »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
hewittinspain wrote:Im gonna have a word with him. Im still waiting to join the Union,my rep is getting me the forms. Will he still help me when I next go in?

Join on line.

If you join in the real world you are a member as soon as you sign the form, however in this case as there are no other considerations to take into account it shouldn't be a problem.

Join the CWU http://www.cwu.org/join-cwu-postal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Joining now. what do I tick for the Grade section on the form ? LA, OPG , LGE, CVIT, Other (PLEASE SPECIFY)?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: What are the wage cut off points?

Post by fishtank »

hewittinspain wrote:Will I upset the apple cart seeing my rep with me being a new starter.?
Might a bit but if you've tried the friendly chat with management where else are you going to go?
You're certainly not going to swallow 3 days pay.
...and you're an OPG. :thumbup
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
hewittinspain
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 266
Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:24
Gender: Male

Re: What are the wage cut off points?

Post by hewittinspain »

fishtank wrote:
hewittinspain wrote:Will I upset the apple cart seeing my rep with me being a new starter.?
Might a bit but if you've tried the friendly chat with management where else are you going to go?
You're certainly not going to swallow 3 days pay.
...and you're an OPG. :thumbup
Thankyou. I might just have to if bringing a rep into it to help. Ive told the wage manager twice as well. Its a difficult one. If it was £50 id let it go but its over £200. Not sure how things like this affect work ethics within the company
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: What are the wage cut off points?

Post by Judgee »

It's your money and you are owed it so go and get it!

If I asked you to come and dig my garden over then did not pay you would you accept it? My guess is the answer would be "no chance!"

Of course if you would accept it I'll send you my address and get the tools out of the shed! :nana
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
hewittinspain
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 266
Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:24
Gender: Male

Re: What are the wage cut off points?

Post by hewittinspain »

Judgee wrote:It's your money and you are owed it so go and get it!

If I asked you to come and dig my garden over then did not pay you would you accept it? My guess is the answer would be "no chance!"

Of course if you would accept it I'll send you my address and get the tools out of the shed! :nana

HA!Yeah I know. I will do. Ill ask advice from my rep,he might just be able to point it out to the guy doing the wages. Should he really be doing the wages in the first place if he doesnt even know the pay structure? I guess there is probably a lot of people chasing up wages.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: What are the wage cut off points?

Post by Judgee »

One thing that might be worth doing. Phone up the wages department, the number should be on the back of your payslip. Ask them if you get paid a week in lieu or for work done the same week, they should be able to tell you.

I'm pretty sure that you get paid the same week that you work. But I guess there is a tiny chance things may have changed or you may be on some new fangled contract. It's unlikely, but just double check. If they confirm it you can pass this on to your Manager and suggest to him/her that they phone Wages if they are in doubt! :roll:
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
hewittinspain
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 266
Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:24
Gender: Male

Re: What are the wage cut off points?

Post by hewittinspain »

Just phoned HR and they gave me a reference number. My work schedule was messed up as I was down for Mon to Wed when infact I worked Thur to Sat. She said its important that the manager speaks to them as it will also mess up any sick pay in the future. The cut off point is Friday so im owed 2 days (thurs and Fri).
Thing is ive already explained this to him and he said he will 'sort it' but he hasnt.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: What are the wage cut off points?

Post by Lincox »

Inform him that if it is not sorted before next weeks pay, you will escalate this matter to the DSM covering your area.