ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
summer lapsing is back!!!!
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Re: summer lapsing is back!!!!
We have been lapsing for about 2 months now.
-
leeroy5312
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 11 Feb 2010, 13:03
- Gender: Male
Re: summer lapsing is back!!!!
we are now lapsing 2 duties per section on monday, tuesday and saturday, and 1 duty a section on wednesday and friday.
-
tigercat
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 23 Sep 2010, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Re: summer lapsing is back!!!!
Had lapsing in our office since day one. All year round apart from Xmas pressure. Come the first working day of January its back until the December.
Its usually "double" lapsing aswell with 2 walks per section getting lapsed.
And plenty still come in before their time/rush around/dont take their breaks. Some are still back before their time whilst others are pressured by linos to take their lapsed mail whilst having enough to do with their own walk. I work with so many fools. I try telling them unless they do the job as RM say there will be no change.
Its usually "double" lapsing aswell with 2 walks per section getting lapsed.
And plenty still come in before their time/rush around/dont take their breaks. Some are still back before their time whilst others are pressured by linos to take their lapsed mail whilst having enough to do with their own walk. I work with so many fools. I try telling them unless they do the job as RM say there will be no change.
-
mandelsons_toenail
- Posts: 1294
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Outer Hebrides
Re: summer lapsing is back!!!!
Get on the gate
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: summer lapsing is back!!!!
Tried it at our office and we went to disagreement the same as the last 2 years
We haven't had lapsing now for 3 years now
We haven't had lapsing now for 3 years now
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: summer lapsing is back!!!!
No revision will ever do away with lapsing, the bottom line is if people in your office make time then people will lapse, if you don't have time then don't do it
-
marlboroman
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 22:07
- Gender: Male
Re: summer lapsing is back!!!!
Sadly they will never learn. However your doing the right thing. Keep it up. 
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: summer lapsing is back!!!!
Exactly. If you have time to lapse, do it. If you haven't, you don't. Simple as that.clashcityrocker wrote:What exactly is the big deal with lapsing?
You start at your start time. You finish at your finish time.
Who cares where you put letters through letter boxes?
So who cares?
People who want to finish early?
People who want to start early so they can get an early finish?
People who are worried their docket will disappear?
People who don't like to say - this is how much work I can do in my contracted hours today?
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: summer lapsing is back!!!!
It would also help if the those that run everywhere desisted from doing so.
It would afford the managers less opportunity to lapse.
It would afford the managers less opportunity to lapse.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
world class male
- Posts: 906
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Re: summer lapsing is back!!!!
Our office has been collapsing for a month now, despite managers still prepping duties even after union informed.
nothing or no one can stop them from doing our jobs.
nothing or no one can stop them from doing our jobs.
-
Altrider
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: summer lapsing is back!!!!
Been lapsing sine end of April. Now doing lapsing on lapsing.....a few parcel drops before I start the 70 lapsing drops before I start my own rural round.
Naturally CWU about as useful as a chocolate kettle over this.......
Ah well to misquote a song from Les Mis at the end of the day .
"Bring it back, bring it back..'' 
Naturally CWU about as useful as a chocolate kettle over this.......
Ah well to misquote a song from Les Mis at the end of the day .
-
mandelsons_toenail
- Posts: 1294
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Outer Hebrides
Re: summer lapsing is back!!!!
The issue currently is I see people regularly starting work 15-45 mins early
Then boss sees them back earlier, coupled with lower traffic and says "time to lapse"
Then people kick off, and come in at the right time for a day, then back to coming in early then moan like f**k.
I will always always stick up for people who are genuine with me.
Come a strike how many of these f***ers would be on the gate?
f**k all hardly
Can't win
Sooner people do the job properly the better.
Jesus I know people who make 3-4 hours per day
then moan like f**k when they are asked to do more 
Then boss sees them back earlier, coupled with lower traffic and says "time to lapse"
Then people kick off, and come in at the right time for a day, then back to coming in early then moan like f**k.
I will always always stick up for people who are genuine with me.
Come a strike how many of these f***ers would be on the gate?
f**k all hardly
Can't win
Sooner people do the job properly the better.
Jesus I know people who make 3-4 hours per day
-
mandelsons_toenail
- Posts: 1294
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Outer Hebrides
Re: summer lapsing is back!!!!
Thing is my area rep saying no absorption.
Then people are back early and paid to a time
WHAT DO I DO.
Then people are back early and paid to a time
WHAT DO I DO.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: summer lapsing is back!!!!
Don't start early and do your job properly and take your break = NO LAPSING, simples
-
Bag of d2d
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 21 Apr 2008, 14:12
- Gender: Male
- Location: Capital
Re: summer lapsing is back!!!!
We've been doing lapsing for months on most days. If I think I've got time to do it within my hours, I do it. If not, I don't.