agree with you 100%. ignore the negative comments on here ..i left over a year ago .because of the total piss take that is royal mail..a shocker of an employer. i regret paying anything into the CWU ..the shop floor rep was great ..but the CWU should hang their in heads in great shame.cyberheater wrote:After 3 and half years working for this crappy company I've finally quit. My last working day was yesterday.
The working environment is toxic. The managers are bullying conniving scum. The workload is too high and the Union which is meant to be their to protect us are useless.
In short. The worst job I've ever had.
Good luck to my fellow work colleagues. It's been a pleasure working with you. They do not deserve to have folks that work as hard and are as dedicated as you are.
Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed. I finally quit.
-
kingofmcr
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 197
- Joined: 13 Jun 2010, 10:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed. I finally quit.
THIS SHOULD BE ROYAL MAILS LOGO
"You may pronounce us guilty a thousand times over, but the goddess of the eternal court of history will smile and tear to tatters the verdict of this court - for she acquits us.
"You may pronounce us guilty a thousand times over, but the goddess of the eternal court of history will smile and tear to tatters the verdict of this court - for she acquits us.
-
postman nel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed. I finally quit.
I got out a month ago...best thing I done...feel so better ,not going to bed at 9 every night and I have got my smile back.....trust me no regretscyberheater wrote:After 3 and half years working for this crappy company I've finally quit. My last working day was yesterday.
The working environment is toxic. The managers are bullying conniving scum. The workload is too high and the Union which is meant to be their to protect us are useless.
In short. The worst job I've ever had.
Good luck to my fellow work colleagues. It's been a pleasure working with you. They do not deserve to have folks that work as hard and are as dedicated as you are.
Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed.
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed. I finally quit.
Well done on getting out,Its a horrible place to work now.
Im wating until we get privatised,Getting whatever shares we are given (If any) Then asking for Voluntary redundancy (Cant see me getting it) So will then be going down the long term sick route and looking to get finished that way.
20 Years and out!!
Im wating until we get privatised,Getting whatever shares we are given (If any) Then asking for Voluntary redundancy (Cant see me getting it) So will then be going down the long term sick route and looking to get finished that way.
20 Years and out!!
-
shuffler3
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 29 Jun 2009, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed. I finally quit.
Well done mate........i cant believe im still there nearly five years later. With out doubt the worst job in history .. The wife tells me to pack it in, i tell her im packing it in?????? Dont want to have to tell my van share partner im packing it in????...........so well done mate ,bigger balls than me!!!cyberheater wrote:After 3 and half years working for this crappy company I've finally quit. My last working day was yesterday.
The working environment is toxic. The managers are bullying conniving scum. The workload is too high and the Union which is meant to be their to protect us are useless.
In short. The worst job I've ever had.
Good luck to my fellow work colleagues. It's been a pleasure working with you. They do not deserve to have folks that work as hard and are as dedicated as you are.
Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed.
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed. I finally quit.
Good luck, mate.cyberheater wrote:After 3 and half years working for this crappy company I've finally quit. My last working day was yesterday.
The working environment is toxic. The managers are bullying conniving scum. The workload is too high and the Union which is meant to be their to protect us are useless.
In short. The worst job I've ever had.
Good luck to my fellow work colleagues. It's been a pleasure working with you. They do not deserve to have folks that work as hard and are as dedicated as you are.
Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed.
Royal Mail has to be one of the worst, if not THE worst, employers to work for in the western world.
-
spoodoo
- Posts: 829
- Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed. I finally quit.
We've lost so much experienced full timers this year ,the place is crumbling ,,,,
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Re: Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed. I finally quit.
Best job ever done 25 years earn £40000 plus and go home every nighttime my lovely wife and kids 
-
cyberheater
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 274
- Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed. I finally quit.
I think there must be a huge difference in working conditions working in a mail centre vs delivery.cloherty1976 wrote:Best job ever done 25 years earn £40000 plus and go home every nighttime my lovely wife and kids
-
db
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 03:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed. I finally quit.
There is without doubt. The difference is vast, as I found out on a recent union forum.cyberheater wrote:I think there must be a huge difference in working conditions working in a mail centre vs delivery.cloherty1976 wrote:Best job ever done 25 years earn £40000 plus and go home every nighttime my lovely wife and kids
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed. I finally quit.
I know several lads in our office who have quit, or took evr etc over the years.....every single one to a man has said it was the best thing they have ever done....no regrets other than the fact they missed some mates and work banter....company not missed at all...nor the inept managers...one lad in particular left as he had had enough...started his own his own building company...and now employs several lads...he said leaving RM was the kick up the back side he needed...now has a social life, more time with his kids(own boss and all that),and looks forward to going to work.
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Re: Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed. I finally quit.
i agree with this totally as if you hate your job so much you should have the drive to do something that you like.postypie wrote:I know several lads in our office who have quit, or took evr etc over the years.....every single one to a man has said it was the best thing they have ever done....no regrets other than the fact they missed some mates and work banter....company not missed at all...nor the inept managers...one lad in particular left as he had had enough...started his own his own building company...and now employs several lads...he said leaving RM was the kick up the back side he needed...now has a social life, more time with his kids(own boss and all that),and looks forward to going to work.
-
hantsman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 876
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed. I finally quit.
I take it your not on delivery?db wrote:Enjoy gettin a job where you actually have to work for your money ;-)cyberheater wrote:After 3 and half years working for this crappy company I've finally quit. My last working day was yesterday.
The working environment is toxic. The managers are bullying conniving scum. The workload is too high and the Union which is meant to be their to protect us are useless.
In short. The worst job I've ever had.
Good luck to my fellow work colleagues. It's been a pleasure working with you. They do not deserve to have folks that work as hard and are as dedicated as you are.
Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4146
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed. I finally quit.
Now there's someone who's led a sheltered life. A reasonable wage, six months etc paid sick, paid leave, a company pension, an established union presence, an HR department, grievance procedures, etc etc but it's the "worst employer in the Western (so by definition, the whole) World?DirtyHarry wrote: Good luck, mate.
Royal Mail has to be one of the worst, if not THE worst, employers to work for in the western world.
There's millions of workers who'd disagree and probably swap in a heartbeat.
Some people need to get a sense of perspective....
-
pants123
Re: Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed. I finally quit.
absolutely correct,,,,, love to see someone who does not work in delivery take a week in our office, then you will know what slogging your nuts off everyday is about...fishtank wrote:db wrote:Enjoy gettin a job where you actually have to work for your money ;-)
A bit harsh and to be honest just shows up the difference between functions in Royal Mail.
Anybody who thinks that a delivery officer doesn't work for their money really is in a different reality.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Bye bye RM. You'll not be missed. I finally quit.
It's not the wost job in the western world, not even on deliveries. I have had worse jobs, not many but a few. However, it's not great and alot of it is down to management attitude and the way it treats it's workforce like mindless cattle. Bit more respect for the workers would make it a hell of alot better that's for sure! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?