ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

ATOS referal - pressure

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Re: ATOS referal - pressure

Post by bogstandard »

Moley88 wrote:Hi everyone , not sure if you could help but I am of with stress / anxiety , a family member very close to me has months to live and I am all over the place at the minute , even the thought of normal life stuff is hardto cope with and my manager wants a face to face meeting , he says its to help but we all know its just a pressure thing and its making me feel worse , my chest feels like it is going to explode and my headaches are far worse , atos called a month ago and agreed I am unfit for work and can't determine when I will be able to come back as its related to my family member dying , do I have to go to see the manager ?
you do have to meet but not necessarily at your place of work. if you do it at work at least your rep can attend if you want. Failure to comply can result in wages being stopped.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: ATOS referal - pressure

Post by Darren Bent »

Do they do all the business on phone ? as I can't hear the phone. Just checking.
Moley88
Posts: 9
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:40
Gender: Male

Re: ATOS referal - pressure

Post by Moley88 »

Thanks guys
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Re: ATOS referal - pressure

Post by bogstandard »

Darren Bent wrote:Do they do all the business on phone ? as I can't hear the phone. Just checking.
they do try to, at least round our way.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
She Raa
Posts: 162
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 19:39
Gender: Female

Re: ATOS referal - pressure

Post by She Raa »

bogstandard wrote:
Moley88 wrote:Hi everyone , not sure if you could help but I am of with stress / anxiety , a family member very close to me has months to live and I am all over the place at the minute , even the thought of normal life stuff is hardto cope with and my manager wants a face to face meeting , he says its to help but we all know its just a pressure thing and its making me feel worse , my chest feels like it is going to explode and my headaches are far worse , atos called a month ago and agreed I am unfit for work and can't determine when I will be able to come back as its related to my family member dying , do I have to go to see the manager ?
you do have to meet but not necessarily at your place of work. if you do it at work at least your rep can attend if you want. Failure to comply can result in wages being stopped.
Do you have to meet? I thought an agreed regular phone call is sufficient.
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Re: ATOS referal - pressure

Post by bogstandard »

why might you be unable to attend?
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP