ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

D2Ds - a moan

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: D2Ds - a moan

Post by RedBagMan »

postypie wrote:
llcoolh wrote:
postypie wrote:In an office I used to work at....we had a clown who did all the overtime going in whatever office was available....including door to doors....quite often he was seen working in other areas delivering door to doors at 9.00 pm some nights and even working on Sundays allegedly ...(not mail...just door to doors)....I remember driving past this posties mums house a few years back on my way home......the front porch was full of thousands of door to doors to such an extent his poor old mum had to use the side door to get out...all these door to doors were dropped off at his mums house by several managers from what ever office he was working in that particular week(allegedly)...incredible.
Its absurd to call someone (clown) just because he does overtime in whatever office available.


The reason I have called this individual a clown is that in the past he has been seen delivering door to doors on a Sunday....(allegedly)...in different areas...and as late as 9 to 10 pm!
Happily married chap then ...

... or living at home with Mummy ??
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: D2Ds - a moan

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Clowns scare me - in fact so does someone delivering D2Ds on a Sunday :nervous :nervous
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
paulsmd
Posts: 88
Joined: 12 Oct 2008, 09:04
Gender: Male

Re: D2Ds - a moan

Post by paulsmd »

WornOutPosty wrote:Ah, this week we've got 6 of the little buggers. Why oh why does having six make people in my office panic more than having 3 or 4 :evil/mad

On Saturday after I finished I saw someone loading them into his car to fold up over the weekend (in full view of the DIM who was surprisingly still there). And today I saw another person walking out with them all on a York heading over to his car to presumably do the same (or dump them ha-ha). The DIM actually said "bye" to him as he pushed them past :crazy:

I'd hate to be so bored that I even considered using my own time to sit and fold hundreds of pieces of junk up into little bundles. I know that tomorrow when I'm with the one I saw today I'll be moaned at for being slow prepping, "no I'm not slow, I'm working in works time and living my life in my personal time" will be my reply :cuppa

Idiots.
They should both be sacked,Door to door mail should be treated the same us mail. You are not allowed to take them home.
Report it to your Dom, If he takes no action them go higher. :evil/mad
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: D2Ds - a moan

Post by CharlesSpooner »

DiamondSmiles wrote:And look at what Royal Mail are looking into with regard to the future of D2D's.............

Delivering BT phonebooks / heavyweight items

Moving to 7 items pw (extra £50 million per year)

Different delivery profiles i.e. Mon-Weds & Thurs-Fri products
Phonebooks and Heavyweight items - my trolley will comfortably take the strain upto the weight limit. If I need to split my loops down so be it. :Very Happy

7 items - I've had 6 a few times already so another one won't make any difference. More time sat on my backside prepping and less time delivering :Very Happy

Different delivery profiles etc - I'll deliver a leaflet, letter or parcel any day of the working week within my contracted hours, no skin off my nose :Very Happy
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: D2Ds - a moan

Post by postypie »

RedBagMan wrote:
postypie wrote:
llcoolh wrote:
postypie wrote:In an office I used to work at....we had a clown who did all the overtime going in whatever office was available....including door to doors....quite often he was seen working in other areas delivering door to doors at 9.00 pm some nights and even working on Sundays allegedly ...(not mail...just door to doors)....I remember driving past this posties mums house a few years back on my way home......the front porch was full of thousands of door to doors to such an extent his poor old mum had to use the side door to get out...all these door to doors were dropped off at his mums house by several managers from what ever office he was working in that particular week(allegedly)...incredible.
Its absurd to call someone (clown) just because he does overtime in whatever office available.


The reason I have called this individual a clown is that in the past he has been seen delivering door to doors on a Sunday....(allegedly)...in different areas...and as late as 9 to 10 pm!
Happily married chap then ...

... or living at home with Mummy ??

Lived with his mum mate before she passed away....remember dropping him off one day at his mums house and I kid you not. You could not see the front door as there were that many door to doors stacked up in the porch way....there were thousands....all for various offices he was working at!
venom
Posts: 201
Joined: 03 Nov 2009, 17:25
Gender: Male
Location: leaving in half a walk and working to time

Re: D2Ds - a moan

Post by venom »

postypie wrote:
RedBagMan wrote:
postypie wrote:
llcoolh wrote:
postypie wrote:In an office I used to work at....we had a clown who did all the overtime going in whatever office was available....including door to doors....quite often he was seen working in other areas delivering door to doors at 9.00 pm some nights and even working on Sundays allegedly ...(not mail...just door to doors)....I remember driving past this posties mums house a few years back on my way home......the front porch was full of thousands of door to doors to such an extent his poor old mum had to use the side door to get out...all these door to doors were dropped off at his mums house by several managers from what ever office he was working in that particular week(allegedly)...incredible.
Its absurd to call someone (clown) just because he does overtime in whatever office available.


The reason I have called this individual a clown is that in the past he has been seen delivering door to doors on a Sunday....(allegedly)...in different areas...and as late as 9 to 10 pm!
Happily married chap then ...

... or living at home with Mummy ??

Lived with his mum mate before she passed away....remember dropping him off one day at his mums house and I kid you not. You could not see the front door as there were that many door to doors stacked up in the porch way....there were thousands....all for various offices he was working at!
probably got loads of money in the bank and works all the hours god sends had a couple like that in my office both are now dead and died before the age of 60 no pockets in shrouds