ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Footwear Not Fit For Purpose
-
Bag of d2d
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 21 Apr 2008, 14:12
- Gender: Male
- Location: Capital
Re: Footwear Not Fit For Purpose
Lost count of how many times I've slipped over in the wet wearing CATS. They are little better than flip flops!
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Footwear Not Fit For Purpose
Maybe your balance isn't too good, or you're going to quickly? The CAT trainers are only slippy when brand new, once the initial coating has worn off I find them absolutely fine. I've worn nothing else since they came out and have never fallen over.Bag of d2d wrote:Lost count of how many times I've slipped over in the wet wearing CATS. They are little better than flip flops!
They're the most comfortable footwear I've had at RM, the soles wear quickly but that doesn't matter as I just get my manager to order more every couple of months.
-
Bag of d2d
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 21 Apr 2008, 14:12
- Gender: Male
- Location: Capital
Re: Footwear Not Fit For Purpose
My balance is fine thanks and no I'm not a runner. I find it depends on the terrain. I have to walk up several paths that have smooth paving slabs. In the wet they are lethal wearing CATS. If the manufacturer says they should not be worn in the wet, then what more proof do you need that they are not suitable for outdoor use.OnAFlyer wrote:Maybe your balance isn't too good, or you're going to quickly? The CAT trainers are only slippy when brand new, once the initial coating has worn off I find them absolutely fine. I've worn nothing else since they came out and have never fallen over.Bag of d2d wrote:Lost count of how many times I've slipped over in the wet wearing CATS. They are little better than flip flops!
They're the most comfortable footwear I've had at RM, the soles wear quickly but that doesn't matter as I just get my manager to order more every couple of months.
-
JiminyBillyBob
- Posts: 177
- Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Footwear Not Fit For Purpose
How long is the footwear meant to last us? I know we can order 2 pairs at a time on the uniform website, but then when are we aloud to order more?
I've never had a problem with the Cat trainers, my last pair lasted about a year, and even then it was the material wearing away rather than the soles
I've never had a problem with the Cat trainers, my last pair lasted about a year, and even then it was the material wearing away rather than the soles
-
Brain Fury
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 664
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Footwear Not Fit For Purpose
The conflicting views here just underline how difficult it is to provide uniform items , particularly footwear.
RM never wanted to supply trainers but felt it was the only way they could stop some people wearing their own white trainers. As some have said, proper trainers are unsuitable for delivery work really as they are designed to be work for short periods of exercise.
RM never wanted to supply trainers but felt it was the only way they could stop some people wearing their own white trainers. As some have said, proper trainers are unsuitable for delivery work really as they are designed to be work for short periods of exercise.
-
theboropostie
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Footwear Not Fit For Purpose
Talking to a lad who has been trailing the new ones and he said they are s**t hot!
Best he has had in 20 odd years with RM according to him - lets just hope they get made available soon!
Best he has had in 20 odd years with RM according to him - lets just hope they get made available soon!
-
mandelsons_toenail
- Posts: 1294
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Outer Hebrides
Re: Footwear Not Fit For Purpose
Yeah but when you are walking 50 miles per week them soles ain't gonna last long unless they are made of concrete 
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Footwear Not Fit For Purpose
What are the Magnum shoes like? I've had a pair of DM boots for the past 6 months but they were so heavy and dangerous when walking up and down stairs I started wearing my own trainers but got told off. Fair enough, but the DM's were more than likely cause a nasty accident than my lightweight trainers.
-
mailmonkey
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Footwear Not Fit For Purpose
lethal. Slippiest footwear i ever wore, I have the Doc Marten boots now.Barbel wrote:What are the Magnum shoes like?
-
Lazycarton
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Footwear Not Fit For Purpose
I find the Magnums very comfortable, but it may just be that they suit the shape of my feet. Yes, they are not so good in the wet, but the slips I have had have been very few. I need a new pair every 6 months, that's on a 45 mile a week round.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Footwear Not Fit For Purpose
Oh greatmailmonkey wrote:lethal. Slippiest footwear i ever wore, I have the Doc Marten boots now.Barbel wrote:What are the Magnum shoes like?
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Footwear Not Fit For Purpose
Did you get many blisters when you first wore them? I know with the DM boots it took me a good month to break them in properly.Lazycarton wrote:I find the Magnums very comfortable, but it may just be that they suit the shape of my feet. Yes, they are not so good in the wet, but the slips I have had have been very few. I need a new pair every 6 months, that's on a 45 mile a week round.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Footwear Not Fit For Purpose
You mean the DM Boots broke your feet in to fit them.Barbel wrote:Did you get many blisters when you first wore them? I know with the DM boots it took me a good month to break them in properly.Lazycarton wrote:I find the Magnums very comfortable, but it may just be that they suit the shape of my feet. Yes, they are not so good in the wet, but the slips I have had have been very few. I need a new pair every 6 months, that's on a 45 mile a week round.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Footwear Not Fit For Purpose
I meant it took me about a month of wearing them before they stopped rubbing and giving me blisters.k979aaa wrote:You mean the DM Boots broke your feet in to fit them.Barbel wrote:Did you get many blisters when you first wore them? I know with the DM boots it took me a good month to break them in properly.Lazycarton wrote:I find the Magnums very comfortable, but it may just be that they suit the shape of my feet. Yes, they are not so good in the wet, but the slips I have had have been very few. I need a new pair every 6 months, that's on a 45 mile a week round.