Just an update on what happened after I left. Changed my Career totally, I'm now working in I.T. , best move I ever made.redissue wrote:Leaving at the end of the month due to ill health. After 27 years my body has given up. Time for a career change.
Had some good times in the job, met some fantastic people but not going to miss how the job has changed.
I still have a bad back, but it's manageable as the job has very little physical lifting.
I'm earning a lot more than I would get even if I was an RM manager, which is obviously a bonus!
And I'm working 8-4pm Mon-Friday
I do keep in touch with friends that are still working at my old office, but a few have already having operations for bad backs , knees e.t.c
I still pop in the forum and have a look from time to time.
Sad to see the same old RM tactics are being used