ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

WHATS A SATURDAY LIKE IN YOUR OFFICE

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: WHATS A SATURDAY LIKE IN YOUR OFFICE

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Same as rest of week for me. Don't rush no matter what. Others do, that's their decision, at some point, it is probable it will bite them in the arse when a boss decides to give them a bit extra. That'll teach them. Maybe not. But they'll piss and moan about it to anyone and everyone, and I'll point out it's their own fault.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: WHATS A SATURDAY LIKE IN YOUR OFFICE

Post by krussel »

I get in on time at 6am. Cant see much point in getting in early.

Same workload as an ave day but the mech arrives early and there is no last lorry to wait for. This means we get out an hour early. My round still takes about 4 hrs and i finish at 12 or there abouts. :hmmmm
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: WHATS A SATURDAY LIKE IN YOUR OFFICE

Post by OnAFlyer »

Exactly the same as any other day for us, though quite a few people have an affliction known as 'Saturday prep rate' whereby they mysteriously manage to sort their frame up an hour quicker than they are capable of mon-fri.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: WHATS A SATURDAY LIKE IN YOUR OFFICE

Post by fishtank »

I kind of understand the guys who start early and fly round on a saturday,I don't like it and it gives me grief at weekly resource meetings but I do get the fact that it's a short enough weekend and these guys want some family time or just some kind of social life outside this shithole.
I try to avoid my family and have absolutely no social life so I work to my time on a Saturday.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
lewesspudgun
Posts: 76
Joined: 24 May 2010, 21:10
Gender: Male

Re: WHATS A SATURDAY LIKE IN YOUR OFFICE

Post by lewesspudgun »

I love finishing early on a sat. Put a bet on have a fry up, maybe have a hair cut or do the shopping, and still get back to the office before time. Stop whining it only once a week aint we lucky.
Jambomatt1874
Posts: 168
Joined: 30 Mar 2010, 19:26
Gender: Male

Re: WHATS A SATURDAY LIKE IN YOUR OFFICE

Post by Jambomatt1874 »

Normal day except the management arrive in jeans and a tshirt and leave when the last mans away