The agreement states that a MAXIMUM of 5 days can be carried over into the following years leave plan. My manager books people's leave for them if they don't book it themselves.
I'd get the Rep in, Area Rep if no joy, I'd insist on taking the leave. If no joy, grievance time. The DOM would get it in the neck for this(in theory).
I'd also point out that:
1) his/her staffing issues are not your problem
2) leave is a legal entitlement
3) denying you leave now will only make next years leave allocation even more difficult
The manager is a twat. But, I guess you knew that.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Annual Leave
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Annual Leave
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Annual Leave
what agreement?UnhappyGremlin wrote:The agreement states that a MAXIMUM of 5 days can be carried over into the following years leave plan. My manager books people's leave for them if they don't book it themselves.
I'd get the Rep in, Area Rep if no joy, I'd insist on taking the leave. If no joy, grievance time. The DOM would get it in the neck for this(in theory).
I'd also point out that:
1) his/her staffing issues are not your problem
2) leave is a legal entitlement
3) denying you leave now will only make next years leave allocation even more difficult
The manager is a twat. But, I guess you knew that.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
silly suffolk
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 728
- Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
- Gender: Male
- Location: deepest suffolk
Re: Annual Leave
way forward?
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Annual Leave
Honestly, don't know, but have always been told by manager and union that you can't carry over more than 5 days, and failing to book anything over those 5 days would result in losing them. Why would the Rep say it if it isn't true? Therefore I assume it's in an agreement somewhere.General Mannerheim wrote:what agreement?UnhappyGremlin wrote:The agreement states that a MAXIMUM of 5 days can be carried over into the following years leave plan. My manager books people's leave for them if they don't book it themselves.
I'd get the Rep in, Area Rep if no joy, I'd insist on taking the leave. If no joy, grievance time. The DOM would get it in the neck for this(in theory).
I'd also point out that:
1) his/her staffing issues are not your problem
2) leave is a legal entitlement
3) denying you leave now will only make next years leave allocation even more difficult
The manager is a twat. But, I guess you knew that.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Annual Leave
silly suffolk wrote:way forward?
http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/Royal_Mail_Way_ ... eement.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Page 20
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Annual Leave
So, does that mean going into the last month of the leave year (March), you can have a total of 10 days left? That's how I read it.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:silly suffolk wrote:way forward?![]()
http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/Royal_Mail_Way_ ... eement.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Page 20
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Annual Leave
I carried 4 weeks over............and I'm not even the worst in the office

I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Annual Leave
Spoke to a colleague from another office today, and he gets all his leave allocated to him, he makes no selection at all. I couldn't believe it. Told him he has the right to book his leave when he wants it, as long as there is an available space. That's just wrong.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual Leave
If they can't get it in this year, how on earth are they going to get it in next year, when you include LAST year's surplus on top?
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Annual Leave
A good point, I also made it earlier in the thread. Think we both forgot to take into account the fact that managers don't think that far ahead. Well, they just don't think at all. Or is it can't?taurus88 wrote:If they can't get it in this year, how on earth are they going to get it in next year, when you include LAST year's surplus on top?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.