ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

20 minute break.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: 20 minute break.

Post by k979aaa »

All breaks are paid for in royalmail fulltime or partime take the break and work till your time tell the manager you cannot complete in the time allowed and bring any mail back before the end of your finish time.
Last edited by k979aaa on 29 Mar 2013, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: 20 minute break.

Post by Barbel »

DB1100 wrote:
Postie45 wrote:hard to understand this unless by you not taking a break is meaning you are too early for a conveyance and thus cutting off at the end ?
I think she means that her loops are a lot bigger than the drivers and when he has done the large parcels,he sits on his ass in the van rather than helping her,there are some very lazy drivers.
Exactly! The only time he helps is when he has to get off early to pick his son up from school..As it's been half term this week I've had no help at all because he's not had to rush off..And on a busy day If we don't finish until gone 2 I have to then put stickers on the parcels of all the slip lefts as he has to rush off..I wouldn't mind but the loops I do are among the biggest in the office so I'm told..He also asks me to get in early as he can't start until 9 because of taking his son to school..Yes I do claim the overtime but I'm still doing him a favour by prepping his frame up before he gets in.
Mr Rush
Posts: 3371
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Re: 20 minute break.

Post by Mr Rush »

demon wrote:you must have worked at least 2 hours before been told to take any type of break that what the law states
So I've heard. I'm PT and before the revision my break was scheduled in the last 30 minutes of the day. Now it's scheduled 30 minutes after walking in the door. :no no
The machine stops.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: 20 minute break.

Post by Postie45 »

Barbel wrote:
DB1100 wrote:
Postie45 wrote:hard to understand this unless by you not taking a break is meaning you are too early for a conveyance and thus cutting off at the end ?
I think she means that her loops are a lot bigger than the drivers and when he has done the large parcels,he sits on his ass in the van rather than helping her,there are some very lazy drivers.
Exactly! The only time he helps is when he has to get off early to pick his son up from school..As it's been half term this week I've had no help at all because he's not had to rush off..And on a busy day If we don't finish until gone 2 I have to then put stickers on the parcels of all the slip lefts as he has to rush off..I wouldn't mind but the loops I do are among the biggest in the office so I'm told..He also asks me to get in early as he can't start until 9 because of taking his son to school..Yes I do claim the overtime but I'm still doing him a favour by prepping his frame up before he gets in.
im all for helping someone out so long as it isnt negatively affecting me or if im happy to help the person out. Sounds like in your case that you`re not happy with the arrangement, I would not do the overtime if I wasnt happy to do so. I notice your finish time is 2pm - this is the time you should be out the door and going home, not the time to get back to the office and checking parcels in (if im understanding you correctly). At the same time I wouldnt expect any help from his end either, seems like youre the one doing all the favours and getting nothing in return ! Just tell him youre not going to do it anymore.
Stamped
Posts: 14
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 10:35
Gender: Male
Location: Up North

Re: 20 minute break.

Post by Stamped »

Barbel wrote:Exactly! The only time he helps is when he has to get off early to pick his son up from school..As it's been half term this week I've had no help at all because he's not had to rush off..And on a busy day If we don't finish until gone 2 I have to then put stickers on the parcels of all the slip lefts as he has to rush off..I wouldn't mind but the loops I do are among the biggest in the office so I'm told..He also asks me to get in early as he can't start until 9 because of taking his son to school..Yes I do claim the overtime but I'm still doing him a favour by prepping his frame up before he gets in.
Favours are a two way street, he wants you to come in early to do his work then he can help you when he has finished his loop rather than sitting around. Personally i wouldn't prep his frame and tell him you will help him out if he helps you out it doesn't sound like it is your job to do so.
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: 20 minute break.

Post by Barbel »

Stamped wrote:
Barbel wrote:Exactly! The only time he helps is when he has to get off early to pick his son up from school..As it's been half term this week I've had no help at all because he's not had to rush off..And on a busy day If we don't finish until gone 2 I have to then put stickers on the parcels of all the slip lefts as he has to rush off..I wouldn't mind but the loops I do are among the biggest in the office so I'm told..He also asks me to get in early as he can't start until 9 because of taking his son to school..Yes I do claim the overtime but I'm still doing him a favour by prepping his frame up before he gets in.
Favours are a two way street, he wants you to come in early to do his work then he can help you when he has finished his loop rather than sitting around. Personally i wouldn't prep his frame and tell him you will help him out if he helps you out it doesn't sound like it is your job to do so.
No I'm not going to. Like I said before, he only helps me when his son is at school because he has to get off early, but because it's half term he's in no rush to finish so I've had no help at all this week yet he knows my finish time is 2pm. There were hardly any parcels today either so he must have been sat in the van for at least an hour waiting for me to finish. Well the kids are back at school next week so I will make sure I stay in bed for an extra hour. :nana