Think yourself lucky, we often run out of p739 cards and I've had to start asking some of the kids on my round if they have any elastic bands because we regularly run out of them too.clashcityrocker wrote:I think this is being rolled out nationally because we no longer have any crayons in our office and no manager seems able to order any.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Killing off
-
rockerdjses
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 16 Dec 2012, 19:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Killing off
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: Killing off
I've got a green crayon, not allowed a blue one yet! 
-
johnnyp
- Posts: 5239
- Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 16:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: SE ENGLAND
Re: Killing off
Items are not being endorsed by us in any way.fishtank wrote:No it doesn't osgoody.osgoody1970 wrote:no that refers to PHG killing off your items once you done it, they will now be done at the mail center!!!
What it means is that the mailcentre will allegedly intercept any items endorsed by the customer before they reach the D.O. and kill them off themselves.
That's the theory anyway..In practice I would imagine the mailcentres will get bored with it inside a week,they are very busy people.
They must be because they obviously don't have time to cut and tip and that's why they fill our packet yorks with direct bags of flats.
As far as i'm aware it's only happening in the North Region at the moment.
We have been told to sort them to the return address without any sticker or blue crayon and items are being sent back with just RTS or a line through the address on them
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12208
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Killing off
That will just end up with the items being sent back to you. I don't know about other MCs but ours they are trying to cut hours and especially overtime only problem with that is that for the last few years the place has run on overtime with the number of duties that have been axed.johnnyp wrote:Items are not being endorsed by us in any way.
We have been told to sort them to the return address without any sticker or blue crayon and items are being sent back with just RTS or a line through the address on them
The chances of most MCs doing kill-offs for DOs is 0.00% as some probably don't even have RLB duties on all shifts
-
scorched
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Killing off
I was never trained or told how to do killing off. So I'm not sure on the following:
1) I have a lot of firms on my round that have moved premesis/gone bust, that still regularly get mail to the old address... I have just been killing off this mail, but should I actually be delivering to the address stated? I had been doing this but it just piles up behind the letterbox. Can I get in trouble for killing off mail that I haven't delivered? If so, what about places that have separate offices, a company had moved from there, but still get mail, and the offices don't have numbers - I have a specific example of this on my round but if I use it I could get identified - the only way I could deliver as addressed would be to leave it in the foyer (there's no building reception), which would obviously be a no-no due to mail integrity.
2) How strict do I have to be when it comes to "address incomplete" / "no such address"? For example. I have a few buildings that house several different companies. A lot of packets/letters come through with just a person's name. Should I kill this off or should I ask each company if the person works there? If so how do they prove it? Can I get in trouble for killing off where I shouldn't, or delivering where I shouldn't? And the no such address, or they have put the incorrect address... For example they have put '23' for a company's address, but I know they are at 32, or there is no number 23, do I take it as a typo on their part or should I deliver as addressed/kill off? (Depending on the answer to the first point!)
If anyone could shed any light on this I'd be grateful!
1) I have a lot of firms on my round that have moved premesis/gone bust, that still regularly get mail to the old address... I have just been killing off this mail, but should I actually be delivering to the address stated? I had been doing this but it just piles up behind the letterbox. Can I get in trouble for killing off mail that I haven't delivered? If so, what about places that have separate offices, a company had moved from there, but still get mail, and the offices don't have numbers - I have a specific example of this on my round but if I use it I could get identified - the only way I could deliver as addressed would be to leave it in the foyer (there's no building reception), which would obviously be a no-no due to mail integrity.
2) How strict do I have to be when it comes to "address incomplete" / "no such address"? For example. I have a few buildings that house several different companies. A lot of packets/letters come through with just a person's name. Should I kill this off or should I ask each company if the person works there? If so how do they prove it? Can I get in trouble for killing off where I shouldn't, or delivering where I shouldn't? And the no such address, or they have put the incorrect address... For example they have put '23' for a company's address, but I know they are at 32, or there is no number 23, do I take it as a typo on their part or should I deliver as addressed/kill off? (Depending on the answer to the first point!)
If anyone could shed any light on this I'd be grateful!
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3371
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Killing off
I think officially all items are to be delivered to the address and it's up to the resident to endorse them. But everyone I know kills off the definite gone-aways. It spares the hassle of residents complaining about it.scorched wrote:I have just been killing off this mail, but should I actually be delivering to the address stated?
I hadn't heard anything about this change, which might explain why I couldn't find the RLB area today (bloody indoor revision).
The machine stops.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Killing off
scorched wrote:If anyone could shed any light on this I'd be grateful!
k/oscorched wrote:For example. I have a few buildings that house several different companies. A lot of packets/letters come through with just a person's name.
Officially you should deliver as addressed and kill off if the address does not exist. However, if you know for 100% certainty you could take the risk.scorched wrote:And the no such address, or they have put the incorrect address... For example they have put '23' for a company's address, but I know they are at 32, or there is no number 23, do I take it as a typo on their part or should I deliver as addressed/kill off?
On this I would get guidance from the Manager let them make the decision - up to the point you can no longer deliver mail or it becomes insecure to do so.scorched wrote:I have a lot of firms on my round that have moved premises/gone bust, that still regularly get mail to the old address... I have just been killing off this mail, but should I actually be delivering to the address stated? I had been doing this but it just piles up behind the letterbox.
If there is no numbering system and the company has moved then yes Kill it of.scorched wrote:If so, what about places that have separate offices, a company had moved from there, but still get mail, and the offices don't have numbers -
Officially yes.scorched wrote: Can I get in trouble for killing off mail that I haven't delivered?
No one ever isscorched wrote:I was never trained or told how to do killing off.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
scorched
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Killing off
That's great, thanks for taking the time to answer!