ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dismissed for going sick

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
flaminmoses
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 819
Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
Gender: Male

Re: Dismissed for going sick

Post by flaminmoses »

rt fees will be introduced in the summer not april.
Lateagainpostie
Posts: 393
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
Gender: Male

Re: Dismissed for going sick

Post by Lateagainpostie »

I'm actually wondering ho many appeals actually get heard, because the plot has thickened even more.

Phoned HR today because there is no fixed date for my appeal yet, and it is 2 -3 weeks away, which conveniently takes me past the dismissal date, HR told me that is when they stop paying me, if my appeal is a success, I can ask to have the wages backdated if I am re-instated, however while I am pending appeal I can't claim JSA, I can't even claim JSA if I lose the appeal and it goes to Employment Tribunal.

These delays in the process I am beginning to think is set up to piss you off, and call off the appeal.

Constructive dismissal ?
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: Dismissed for going sick

Post by coxie »

So many people take advantage to it and use it for long term sick that the genuine cases get s**t on
flaminmoses
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 819
Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
Gender: Male

Re: Dismissed for going sick

Post by flaminmoses »

you can claim jsa when you have been dismissed even if you are waiting appeal.
you will ahve to pay it back if you win your appeal.