ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Reducing hours from 39 to 32 per week

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Biker Mouse
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
Gender: Male

Re: Reducing hours from 39 to 32 per week

Post by Biker Mouse »

Brains wrote:
Biker Mouse wrote:
jen12128 wrote:Hi I am thinking of reducing my hours from 39 to 32 due to an injury. I was just wondering if anybody could give me an idea of what pay I will be losing each week?
I'm on a 332hr contract and the difference between that and if I work 39 hrs is about £60.
Poor Biker Mouse,
I hear your new DIM is right up himself.

The reduced pay is offset by increased Child/Working Tax Credits if you get them :dance . Universal Credits might spoil the party soon, though.
I meant 32 hrs! :Very Happy
Haven't had the pleasure of even SEEING him yet! :crazy:
welshblue67
Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 21:52
Gender: Male

Re: Reducing hours from 39 to 32 per week

Post by welshblue67 »

jen12128 wrote:i am back at work and have been doing the duty for the last couple of weeks that i would be doing if i dropped to 32hrs and iv been managing ok with it. I have been told that my plantar fasciitis will come back, and they have made our shared van rounds so big that people were working until 6pm last week. I know it would definatley come back if i went back to doing this
I suffered from plantar fasciitis off and on for a few years ....not sure if youve seeked medical advice ,but i had a steriod injection in my foot and also got specialist insole made for my shoes. Maybe worth a try before make a decision on wether to cut your hours.