ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tool kit bag

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dj Silver
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Nov 2011, 10:45
Gender: Male
Location: Not sure my Sat Nav is down

Re: Tool kit bag

Post by Dj Silver »

So, officially if I do most of the walking on the round I shouldn't have a PDA?

Does this mean I should do everything manually?

Does this mean I shouldn't carry anything that needs signing for?
Somebody called me a cult the other day, well I think that was what he said!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32816
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Tool kit bag

Post by POSTMAN »

Trials of the equipment found that the PDA was too bulky for Delivery Staff other than Drivers to carry round and therefore the PDAs will not be given to those who deliver by foot, cycle or high capacity trolleys.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=21872" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Tool kit bag

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

There was a smaller PDA supposed to be coming in, but it would appear it is not going to materialise. Possibly due to cost, but also because if everyone ends up on park and loop, then there should be no need for them. Of course, how long it takes for all revisions to be done, anyone's guess.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.