ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Mardy DIM

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Mardy DIM

Post by korky »

WornOutPosty wrote:Saturday was my day off, on Friday I was asked if I'd work if needed and I said OK (it was an easy round to cover). Anyway he said he'd confirm with me later in the day that he wanted me. As he didn't ring I made plans for the Saturday but come the morning he was ringing up asking where I was. I said I'm off because you didn't confirm you wanted me like you said. Went in today and he completely blanked me when I said good morning. Everytime we passed each other he looked the other way lol. Apparently they were really stuck on Saturday because of it so he had to take some out. :left: I don't think I was unreasonable though by saying no after he said he'd confirm?
roughly translated is that he didn't want you come close of play friday but because someone chucked a sicky saturday morning you SHOULD have been there just in case and ready to be sent homeif not needed!
moral of the story is, never give up a saturday off