Thanks m8, handy link! I returned a the form you have to fill out yourself.. can't remember if it was a P45 o r P60.. think P45.. I decided to fill it out myself because my last boss is absolutely useless at getting anything sorted.. I'm still owed 3 days holiday pay! The DOM came to me today and told me to come in tomorrow at 8am to learn early deliveries and then a collection in the afternoon, so I reckon after a bit more training they'll be able to stick me on cover and what not.ratchet wrote:I'm doing the same hours, the same job, and also started a couple of weeks ago.GoingPostal86 wrote:Do I have to phone the tax people about that or just speak to my DOM?zoo wrote:You,ll get that back your paying an extra £31.61 a week with no having tax code.
Presumably you returned your p45/p60 when you returned your contract - if so, your tax code will be readjusted shortly and you should receive an automatic tax refund via your pay packet (I had about £80 refunded this week). There shouldn't be any need to contact the tax people.
Once the tax situation has been sorted out you (we) should take home around £173 a week. My gross is £171.74 + £11.09 DS a week.
After 6 months you should receive a pay rise of 50p an hour, and I believe you'll also get another 50p per hour in 12 months time........... but don't quote me on that !
Input your earnings into this tax calculator and you should find the answers you need
http://www.listentotaxman.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Have a play around with the figures (add your 50p p/h rise etc), and your income tax allowance will also increase to £9205 in April 2013, you should then get a better idea of what your financial situation will be in 6 months time. Once the income tax increase comes into operation in April I suspect your tax will be very little (assuming no overtime).
Not sure exactly how my days off go atm, The DOM said last week Tues will usually be my day off then Weds-Sat and back in Mon. (5 days, 20 hours) Not sure how long the Sat shift is.. will find out tomorrow morning!
Thanks for the replies again, def helpful stuff!