that little comment is not a good thing, if the reason you ve been triggering a stage 2 was transport reasons and not illness and again your having the same issues coupled with it being at the busiest time of the year and still having a transport issue then i would really suggest not turning up for work is not really a great optionIva bigredbag wrote: if the car breaks down as it has, then it becomes really tough to get to work, which is why I have a stage 2.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Question
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Question
-
Iva bigredbag
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 19 Dec 2012, 19:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Question
DB1100 wrote:Public transport tomorrow then buy a cheap pushbike,better than loosing a job,make the effort.
Yes I'll pedal 10 miles to work, then do a 4 + hour duty then pedal 10 miles back home. Mate I'm not Bradley Wiggens ! The above is a recipe for an early grave in my opinion. So I'll say pass on the pushbike.
-
chooch
- Posts: 323
- Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Question
k979aaa has gotta be right - get to the local office early doors and, once you've briefly explained yourself to the DOM, ask to ring your regular office from his office phone..k979aaa wrote:You don't need it do the walk loops and get the tracked and specials took off you and use your old card system but get a card for your new office!.Iva bigredbag wrote:There is a nearby office, however, P & L is in operation there, it has not been introduced in my office yet, and I have not had any driver training from RM so I doubt I would find a place there.
you're gonna have to show willing - it might even get your requested transfer pushed through if you put in a good show..
Now make yourself a hot drink and get to bed..
-
Iva bigredbag
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 19 Dec 2012, 19:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Question
Sounds like a plan, nighty nightchooch wrote:k979aaa has gotta be right - get to the local office early doors and, once you've briefly explained yourself to the DOM, ask to ring your regular office from his office phone..k979aaa wrote:You don't need it do the walk loops and get the tracked and specials took off you and use your old card system but get a card for your new office!.Iva bigredbag wrote:There is a nearby office, however, P & L is in operation there, it has not been introduced in my office yet, and I have not had any driver training from RM so I doubt I would find a place there.
you're gonna have to show willing - it might even get your requested transfer pushed through if you put in a good show..
Now make yourself a hot drink and get to bed..
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Question
Buy a pushbike, 10 miles is nothing it'll actually stave off an early grave.
Last edited by Caniel on 19 Dec 2012, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Question
Thumb a lift? In your RM uniform someone is bound to pick you up 
-
chooch
- Posts: 323
- Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Question
shh - I sent him to bed just now.. Good Call though, worked for me manyatimeBahia Feliz wrote:Thumb a lift? In your RM uniform someone is bound to pick you up
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Question
I don't fancy after walking for 4 + hours to then go and stand about waiting for buses and then sitting on a bus like a damp squid for 2 + hours.
I will say I cannot make it in, unless you come and pick me up and drop me back when I'm finished
A cab would cost me 25 quid each way ! I'm only a part-timer, so it would end up costing me money if I took cab there and back, and I'd be working for peanuts if I took cab there and bus back. Im just making ends meet as it is with this job
Yes I'll pedal 10 miles to work, then do a 4 + hour duty then pedal 10 miles back home. Mate I'm not Bradley Wiggens ! The above is a recipe for an early grave in my opinion. So I'll say pass on the pushbike.
Sounds like you have already answered your own problem
....good luck with the woe is me, and enjoy making ends meet on the dole queue rather than miss a days wage by paying out on a taxi.
I will say I cannot make it in, unless you come and pick me up and drop me back when I'm finished
A cab would cost me 25 quid each way ! I'm only a part-timer, so it would end up costing me money if I took cab there and back, and I'd be working for peanuts if I took cab there and bus back. Im just making ends meet as it is with this job
Yes I'll pedal 10 miles to work, then do a 4 + hour duty then pedal 10 miles back home. Mate I'm not Bradley Wiggens ! The above is a recipe for an early grave in my opinion. So I'll say pass on the pushbike.
Sounds like you have already answered your own problem
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
-
michael61
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 07 May 2012, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Question
use public transport everyday 10 miles to mc 10 miles home again it's tough going but beat's being on dole 70 odd quid a week
: 
-
Iva bigredbag
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 19 Dec 2012, 19:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Question
Yes I would do that also if I was in a nice warm air conditioned mail center also. However, I am not, I am out, exposed to the elements for 4 hours plus. There is a big difference between our jobs.michael61 wrote:use public transport everyday 10 miles to mc 10 miles home again it's tough going but beat's being on dole 70 odd quid a week:
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Question
what happened then
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Iva bigredbag
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 19 Dec 2012, 19:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Question
Yes, and while I'm doing this 20 mile cycle, I can maybe drop by the local swimming pool and do 20 lengths.Caniel wrote:Buy a pushbike, 10 miles is nothing it'll actually stave off an early grave.
Then I can enter an Iron man and maybe win it.
-
Iva bigredbag
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 19 Dec 2012, 19:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Question
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:what happened then
I phoned up and explained to him the situation, he said its alright, then asked if I can make it tomorrow. Which I replied, I can. I think he is being nice because our DO has extra manpower to cope with xmass pressure, so easy to cover the duty I was on. Anyway, I'll see tomorrow, if I get called into the office. At the end of the day if I get a stage three for being off one day because my car broke down, then to me he would be looking for excuses to fire me, in which case fcuk um.
-
Iva bigredbag
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 19 Dec 2012, 19:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Question
Your presuming that I cannot get another job straight away. Well your presumptions are wrong. I like my job as a postie, but at the end of the day it is only a part-time 22 hour a week job, there are plenty of other jobs out there if your willing to look, or if you know the right people; and if I did lose this job, then I have no doubt at all that I can get another job very quickly. So I don't sit there being the DOM's lapdog because I am worried about being on the dole.fng wrote:I don't fancy after walking for 4 + hours to then go and stand about waiting for buses and then sitting on a bus like a damp squid for 2 + hours.
I will say I cannot make it in, unless you come and pick me up and drop me back when I'm finished![]()
A cab would cost me 25 quid each way ! I'm only a part-timer, so it would end up costing me money if I took cab there and back, and I'd be working for peanuts if I took cab there and bus back. Im just making ends meet as it is with this job![]()
Yes I'll pedal 10 miles to work, then do a 4 + hour duty then pedal 10 miles back home. Mate I'm not Bradley Wiggens ! The above is a recipe for an early grave in my opinion. So I'll say pass on the pushbike.
Sounds like you have already answered your own problem....good luck with the woe is me, and enjoy making ends meet on the dole queue rather than miss a days wage by paying out on a taxi.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Question
So if you aren't bothered about the job why the long drawn out tale of woe about getting to work and triggering a stage 3 coupled with the fact that work is plentiful - if you're prepared to look - well maybe getting the 10 miles to work would be easier if you were prepared to look. Perhaps it was just the heavy day in prospect that made your car break down.Iva bigredbag wrote:Your presuming that I cannot get another job straight away. Well your presumptions are wrong. I like my job as a postie, but at the end of the day it is only a part-time 22 hour a week job, there are plenty of other jobs out there if your willing to look, or if you know the right people; and if I did lose this job, then I have no doubt at all that I can get another job very quickly. So I don't sit there being the DOM's lapdog because I am worried about being on the dole.fng wrote:I don't fancy after walking for 4 + hours to then go and stand about waiting for buses and then sitting on a bus like a damp squid for 2 + hours.
I will say I cannot make it in, unless you come and pick me up and drop me back when I'm finished![]()
A cab would cost me 25 quid each way ! I'm only a part-timer, so it would end up costing me money if I took cab there and back, and I'd be working for peanuts if I took cab there and bus back. Im just making ends meet as it is with this job![]()
Yes I'll pedal 10 miles to work, then do a 4 + hour duty then pedal 10 miles back home. Mate I'm not Bradley Wiggens ! The above is a recipe for an early grave in my opinion. So I'll say pass on the pushbike.
Sounds like you have already answered your own problem....good luck with the woe is me, and enjoy making ends meet on the dole queue rather than miss a days wage by paying out on a taxi.