ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Non Elastic Bands - False Economy?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Non Elastic Bands - False Economy?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

newtimes wrote:
Labdog99 wrote:
Captain Scarlet wrote:They only have a shelf life of 12 months....say,s so on the box :left:

They DO !!!!. Don't stretch them. Don't get them wet and store them in a dark box. There you go ! Will last 12 months !
I thought they were designed to be biodegradable so when dropped they would degrade and not be a long term litter problem, downside well we all know that one. :nana
They are biodegradable, but they shouldn't biodegrade the first time you use them. :sad:
Labdog99
Posts: 29
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Non Elastic Bands - False Economy?

Post by Labdog99 »

Most equipment RM buy is "not fit for purpose" !.

Name me one bit of our kit that is ?? :so there :hmmmm
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Non Elastic Bands - False Economy?

Post by DGP1 »

Labdog99 wrote:Most equipment RM buy is "not fit for purpose" !.

Name me one bit of our kit that is ?? :so there :hmmmm
Coffee cup :hmmmm :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Zootsuit
Posts: 92
Joined: 07 Oct 2011, 19:49
Gender: Male

Re: Non Elastic Bands - False Economy?

Post by Zootsuit »

Does anyone know if we all get our bands from the same place, and if we do who orders them? Are there different specification ones available? I worked in a different office over Christmas and they were using bigger stretchier bands than the ones we have!!!! They were actually fairly decent! I've got band envy!!
Are we all being banded with the same rubber or is it possible for someone in the office to order cheaper stuff in? Ours are kept in a big bin for everyone to help themselves from and the other place I was in had bags on the frames.
Come to think of it I don't need better elastic bands.....................I need to get a life!