Ebbzie you are truly a martyr to the cause.ebbzie wrote:Oh yes keep going back 2nd 3rd 4th time whatever it takes. I once had to wait until 1am for the customer to get in from a party,![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
Lol like fck 739 it and back to the office it goes...........dvbuk55 wrote:Ebbzie you are truly a martyr to the cause.ebbzie wrote:Oh yes keep going back 2nd 3rd 4th time whatever it takes. I once had to wait until 1am for the customer to get in from a party,![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
Richard007
- Posts: 84
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:34
- Gender: Male
-
combo_king
- Posts: 96
- Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 22:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
nope never. we have 1 hero who gets the 739 cards that the driver has attempted and finds them back at the D.O and cycles back out to his delivery on his own time once hes finished to deliver them lol SADDO
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
When I finish I have to walk back past 50% of my walk to get to station to go home - so yes, everyone gets a second chance ...
... and PO is between end of walk and station as well - so all left overs get pouched off ...
... and supermarket is between PO and station - so the family gets fed as well ...
... and trains are every hour - so the pub across the road from the station often gets a visit too
... and PO is between end of walk and station as well - so all left overs get pouched off ...
... and supermarket is between PO and station - so the family gets fed as well ...
... and trains are every hour - so the pub across the road from the station often gets a visit too
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
Nope.
Hello - West Yorkshire = hills, no way am I walking back up a hill on the off chance.
Hello - West Yorkshire = hills, no way am I walking back up a hill on the off chance.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
Wazz - Obviously you are from an office with no P & L revision. Because if you were you would'nt have chance to finish your delivery let alone the parcels.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
There is a certain irony in the fact that a lot of the public don't think we give them a first chance,never mind a second...
I have in the past but not often and very unlikely now.
I have in the past but not often and very unlikely now.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
If I was a manager I'd be rubbing my hands - having time to go back, wonderful ...........give 'em even more work.
-
wazz
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 29 Dec 2011, 19:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
P & L. Do u mean by 2 people van share. Park in one place. One person does one side and other person does other side ?Stormproof wrote:Wazz - Obviously you are from an office with no P & L revision. Because if you were you would'nt have chance to finish your delivery let alone the parcels.
If that's what u mean by p & l. I done those rounds a few times. And I can tell u I don't have time for "739 packets/specials second chance"
The round I am doing right now which I love which is a single person van
On a good day I can finsh around 12pm-1pm
On a busy heavy day I finsh around 1pm-3pm
-
freelunch
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second cha
We're on park & loop and to re-visit an address for 'second chance' would very likely mean either, i) the driver is wasting time which could be better spent helping their partner, or ii) two posties going to the address which is obviously not very efficient/effective use of our time. That said, we've done it to help out customers needing specials urgently.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
I do find it strange that some customers think we would rather write a 739 out than deliver a parcel?
https://youtu.be/mWB1u4Ej2wc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://youtu.be/mWB1u4Ej2wc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
Its because back in the day before vans and park n loop, some posties I imagine did to avoid carrying them in their bagtwoloops wrote:I do find it strange that some customers think we would rather write a 739 out than deliver a parcel?
https://youtu.be/mWB1u4Ej2wc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
priority102
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 520
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
- Gender: Female
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
I think that common sense would prevail here. If you have something that has been 739'd and you are driving past that house on your way back to the office and see that the car is now there (and you are still within duty time of course) then why not? BUT, ALWAYS, ALWAYS get the 739 card back!
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3729
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Once u finshed delivery do u give 739 packets second chance
I agree that you should always try to get the 739 back in the situation you've described (and I've done it myself), but whenbarncopxx wrote:I think that common sense would prevail here. If you have something that has been 739'd and you are driving past that house on your way back to the office and see that the car is now there (and you are still within duty time of course) then why not? BUT, ALWAYS, ALWAYS get the 739 card back!
you're tasked with a re-delivery do you ask for the 739 back also?