ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

shorts banned

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: shorts banned

Post by POSTMAN »

http://www.myroyalmail.com/news/national/2012/04/short" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myroyalmail.com/news/nationa ... mer-winter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myroyalmail.com/news/nationa ... elicopter-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
thecyclingexpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 103
Joined: 15 Feb 2012, 13:51
Gender: Male

Re: shorts banned

Post by thecyclingexpostie »

Mabs
Posts: 17
Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 22:14
Gender: Male

Re: shorts banned

Post by Mabs »

Shorts were one of the key reasons for me applying for my job ;) . We may be 60degrees north but that didnt stop me for years in my pre uni job - current employer demands we must wear stab proof trousers. Shorts make sense on hot, cold wet or whatever days. Ive as of yet not seen a postie up here in shorts No doubt that'll change soon ;). Im always hot, heat up too bloody quick if you ask me but its always summer.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: shorts banned

Post by maisymoo04 »

edgearsenal wrote:This a.m we have been told we are not aloud to where shorts as it is a health and safety risk. Because it is to cold what a joke, at 6 a.m this morning. on the drive in to work it was recording 9.5c in my car hardly cold imo.
prob scared incase you go sick and cant cover the duties :arrrghhh
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
SF
Posts: 183
Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 23:30
Gender: Male
Location: Midlands.

Re: shorts banned

Post by SF »

I wear shorts all year round. My legs just don't get cold and you dry off quicker when it rains.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: shorts banned

Post by maisymoo04 »

SF wrote:I wear shorts all year round. My legs just don't get cold and you dry off quicker when it rains.
i recently took mine off about two weeks ago oopps :oops:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: shorts banned

Post by General Mannerheim »

Get some long pants on you lot you look a f***ing disgrace,as an old postie who had his shoes inspected every morning and had to wear a tie at this time of year you sicken me with your carry on camping bandy legs and s**t red shirts you look like a set of scarecrows and smell worse than one too.
No wonder the service is f***ing s**t take some pride in yourself and the job. :whistle
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
somerset
Posts: 582
Joined: 08 Jun 2007, 16:23

Re: shorts banned

Post by somerset »

General Mannerheim wrote:Get some long pants on you lot you look a f***ing disgrace,as an old postie who had his shoes inspected every morning and had to wear a tie at this time of year you sicken me with your carry on camping bandy legs and s**t red shirts you look like a set of scarecrows and smell worse than one too.
No wonder the service is f***ing s**t take some pride in yourself and the job. :whistle
:Applause :Applause :Applause Well said that man. We have them in our office, the big heroes who brag about wearing shorts in the winter. What a bunch of D**keads ! And when they get older and complain to RM they cannot do there duty because of sore legs and worn joints. I bet they all go home and put on trousers after work.And do they go out on an evening and wear shorts ? I doubt it ! Fools to themselves ?
SF
Posts: 183
Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 23:30
Gender: Male
Location: Midlands.

Re: shorts banned

Post by SF »

Just ask the ladies, seeing my sexy legs every afternoon makes their day.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: shorts banned

Post by eastie »

somerset wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:Get some long pants on you lot you look a f***ing disgrace,as an old postie who had his shoes inspected every morning and had to wear a tie at this time of year you sicken me with your carry on camping bandy legs and s**t red shirts you look like a set of scarecrows and smell worse than one too.
No wonder the service is f***ing s**t take some pride in yourself and the job. :whistle
:Applause :Applause :Applause Well said that man. We have them in our office, the big heroes who brag about wearing shorts in the winter. What a bunch of D**keads ! And when they get older and complain to RM they cannot do there duty because of sore legs and worn joints. I bet they all go home and put on trousers after work.And do they go out on an evening and wear shorts ? I doubt it ! Fools to themselves ?
Why would you get sore legs or joints wearing shorts??
I would get sore chaffing legs if I was wearing soaking wet trousers.
I dont feel the cold in my legs when walking briskly and only sweat if wearing trousers, I wear a hat in winter but legs are no problem.
I suppose everyone is different.
I can come home in shorts after delivering my round in sub zero temperatures and my legs are warmer than my wifes who is sitting in a warm cental heated room.
1984
Posts: 88
Joined: 17 Feb 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male

Re: shorts banned

Post by 1984 »

Stop attention seeking and wear trousers like all the normal people
bigcol
Posts: 404
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
Gender: Male
Location: Officially the worst DO

Re: shorts banned

Post by bigcol »

1984 wrote:Stop attention seeking and wear trousers like all the normal people
Stop attention seeking and wear shorts like all the normal people
BellNotWorking
Posts: 3
Joined: 25 Nov 2012, 21:53
Gender: Female

Re: shorts banned

Post by BellNotWorking »

bigcol wrote:
1984 wrote:Stop attention seeking and wear trousers like all the normal people
Stop attention seeking and wear shorts like all the normal people
i dont wear anything...bet that wont make the courier.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: shorts banned

Post by doorstepped »

STILL IN SHORTS :nana :nana

-5 when I got to work, -2 when out on delivery.

had an old woman come up to me today and say " arn't you cold " so I asked her to feel my leg and she found it it was warm and was shocked at how warm they were.

I wear a sleeveless shirt, sleeveless body warmer and shorts, when the wind gets up as well I will stick my red fleece on, I also have got steep hills and lots and lots of steps on my walk and I sweat like a fat lass in a cake shop on the coldest of days.

it's personal choice at the end of the day, I am not doing it for a bet or to look hard, I am doing it so I am comfortable doing my job.
I am doing nothing wrong in wearing shorts, they are part of the uniform provided by RM for me to use.
edgearsenal
Posts: 29
Joined: 03 Jan 2012, 00:07
Gender: Male

Re: shorts banned

Post by edgearsenal »

thought I would update this ive been in shorts still, but the managers reckon as soon as i goes below 0c we have to wear trousers. I asked the union rep why she said its a h&s issue, and is due to the risk of chilblains. Heard another manager saying it has come from above.Its stupid still if you ask me I will wear shorts under trousers in d.o and when on delivery take trousers off. :dance :shhhhh