ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour
-
Brainache
- Posts: 394
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour
Where do you `chap` on a customers door - I have never ever ever heard it before and I have lived in different parts of the country.
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour
Brains wrote:Where do you `chap` on a customers door - I have never ever ever heard it before and I have lived in different parts of the country.
i'm from the Kingdom of Alba (precisely Ayrshire) chap as in knock
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour
You obviously haven't played Chap Door,Run?Brains wrote:Where do you `chap` on a customers door - I have never ever ever heard it before and I have lived in different parts of the country.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour
We call it knock down Ginger.........no offence to any Gingers on here
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Brainache
- Posts: 394
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour
Godric wrote:Brains wrote:Where do you `chap` on a customers door - I have never ever ever heard it before and I have lived in different parts of the country.
i'm from the Kingdom of Alba (precisely Ayrshire) chap as in knock
Fair enough - I`ve never lived in Wales.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour
I thought it was from down sarf like them on eastenders - chapping sam wood for the fire!
and if you see a bird with big wotsits , do you up there say what a lovely pair of chappers?
Anyway , I only slip parcels unless the neighbour comes to me.
Anyway , I only slip parcels unless the neighbour comes to me.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour
fishtank wrote:You obviously haven't played Chap Door,Run?Brains wrote:Where do you `chap` on a customers door - I have never ever ever heard it before and I have lived in different parts of the country.
You mean knockadoorscarper surley
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour
Brains wrote:Godric wrote:Brains wrote:Where do you `chap` on a customers door - I have never ever ever heard it before and I have lived in different parts of the country.
i'm from the Kingdom of Alba (precisely Ayrshire) chap as in knock
Fair enough - I`ve never lived in Wales.
Alba (pronounced Ala-pa) = Scotland
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour
ah the good ole daysfishtank wrote:You obviously haven't played Chap Door,Run?Brains wrote:Where do you `chap` on a customers door - I have never ever ever heard it before and I have lived in different parts of the country.
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour
5plusbonusball wrote:I thought it was from down sarf like them on eastenders - chapping sam wood for the fire!and if you see a bird with big wotsits , do you up there say what a lovely pair of chappers?
Anyway , I only slip parcels unless the neighbour comes to me.
nah either "you've got a fair clutter of t!ts" or "you've go a mighty fine set of chebs on ye"
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour
That i can understand.fng wrote:fishtank wrote:You obviously haven't played Chap Door,Run?Brains wrote:Where do you `chap` on a customers door - I have never ever ever heard it before and I have lived in different parts of the country.
You mean knockadoorscarper surley
It does what it says on the tin.
I'm lost with what Postman is on about with gingers though???
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16731
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour
Knock down Ginger or Knocky Door Ginger were the names for a game dating back to 19th century England or possibly before to the Cornish traditional holiday of Nickanan Night. This game or prank is played by children in many cultures. It involves knocking on the front door (or ringing the doorbell) of a victim, then running away before the door can be answered.fishtank wrote: I'm lost with what Postman is on about with gingers though???
Victims of this prank are not likely to call the police, but if they decide to, the "doorbell ditcher" can face charges of trespassing and disturbing the peace. In the United Kingdom, trespassing is a civil matter and not a criminal matter, thus the police will not compile a case for a victim. However, under the Town Police Clauses Act 1847, it is a criminal offence to "wilfully and wantonly disturb any inhabitant, by pulling or ringing any door bell, or knocking at any door" punishable with up to 14 days imprisonment.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour
These days its even funnier cos the blighters nick your wireless doorbell, run down the street and then press it. They still press it when you answer the door 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour
Sounds like a questionable version "Death Race 2000" - mind you if you got 1000 for Chris Evans I can see the attraction.fishtank wrote:I'm lost with what Postman is on about with gingers though???POSTMAN wrote:We call it knock down Ginger.........no offence to any Gingers on here
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour
Was called knocky nine door round my way.