ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Overtime pay rates

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32814
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime pay rates

Post by POSTMAN »

catch22 wrote:that clears alot up... thank you

what is christmas supplement...

thanks again!
xmas 'bonus',£100 this year,£200 from next year...pro rata.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
ronaldalfred
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 09:54
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime pay rates

Post by ronaldalfred »

I am on 18 hrs , the SSPR is paid at £ 10.56 until you get to 39 hrs then first 10 hrs of overtime is £9.87 then drops slightly to £9.27 for over 10 hrs
jjpratten
Posts: 4
Joined: 29 Apr 2015, 20:27
Gender: Female

Re: Overtime pay rates

Post by jjpratten »

If a part-timer is on a 24 hour contract and then does overtime up to 40 hours, then is the holiday entitlement also matched to a full-timer?
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime pay rates

Post by P13 »

jjpratten wrote:If a part-timer is on a 24 hour contract and then does overtime up to 40 hours, then is the holiday entitlement also matched to a full-timer?
Holidays are based on length of service not the number of hours you work
jjpratten
Posts: 4
Joined: 29 Apr 2015, 20:27
Gender: Female

Re: Overtime pay rates

Post by jjpratten »

I am confused...... If someone starts on a 40 hour contract they will receive 22 days holiday. If I am on a 24 hour contract then I will receive 13 days holiday. If I do 40 hours on overtime getting same pay as a 40 hour a week person then I will still only be paid for 13 days holiday. Have I got completely the wrong end of the stick :hmmmm
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Overtime pay rates

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

jjpratten wrote:I am confused...... If someone starts on a 40 hour contract they will receive 22 days holiday. If I am on a 24 hour contract then I will receive 13 days holiday. If I do 40 hours on overtime getting same pay as a 40 hour a week person then I will still only be paid for 13 days holiday. Have I got completely the wrong end of the stick :hmmmm

Yes you have

Holidays are based on how many DAYS you work not HOURS. So if you work 5 days you'll get the same number of days as a FT, just that your days amount to less hours.

If you work 1 2 3 or 4 days then your holidays will pro-rata on Days (not hours).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.