Im on 25 hours. In my contract it says meal breaks included. So yes if your contract is the same. Have a look at it. Its somewhere near where it says your minimum hours.taptap wrote:Hi all, just a quick question regarding meal breaks?.
I'm currently on a 25 hours a week contract, am I allowed a meal break? , manager says that if I take a break of 20 mins I have to work 20 mins extra.
Any ideas?.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
meal breaks
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: meal breaks
Toon Army!
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: meal breaks
silly suffolk wrote:tell him he's a prick and you have rung the bullying and harressment hotline over the matter.taptap wrote:Hi all, just a quick question regarding meal breaks?.
I'm currently on a 25 hours a week contract, am I allowed a meal break? , manager says that if I take a break of 20 mins I have to work 20 mins extra.
Any ideas?.
Toon Army!
-
demon
- Posts: 732
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 14:19
- Gender: Female
Re: meal breaks
you must have worked at least 2 hours before taking a break or been told to take on but if your duty says 2pm finish then you finish at 2 pm still
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: meal breaks
I take 20 mins in morning and 20 mins at the end. But that's only if I start at 7 on overtime. If im doing 5 hours. I take 20 mins at the end.demon wrote:you must have worked at least 2 hours before taking a break or been told to take on but if your duty says 2pm finish then you finish at 2 pm still
Toon Army!
-
WornOutPosty
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:07
- Gender: Male
Re: meal breaks
Shouldn't really take it at the end
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: meal breaks
not quite sure where im meant to take it if i start at 9am and am out the door on delivery at 9.30am? what do i do? walk back to the office at 12 and then walk back out again after 20 mins??WornOutPosty wrote:Shouldn't really take it at the end
Toon Army!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: meal breaks
BrokenFlowers wrote:not quite sure where im meant to take it if i start at 9am and am out the door on delivery at 9.30am? what do i do? walk back to the office at 12 and then walk back out again after 20 mins??WornOutPosty wrote:Shouldn't really take it at the end
I take mine out on delivery at a Cafe - cant see the point of having a break after the easiest part of my working day, I split the physically active part. I even try to have it around lunch time as well stops me messing up my body clock. If the Union,colleagues or RM get arsey about it I will take the full break before I go out, but I think as long as people take a break,as far as possible when they take it should be up to them. But I would not support using it to finish early.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: meal breaks
The 20 mins meal relief at my office is taken by most at 7am which to me is plain daft although I refused and have it after I have bagged up .
The DOM was so weak because the early unpaid starters/runners didn't want it after 8am .
The DOM was so weak because the early unpaid starters/runners didn't want it after 8am .
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: meal breaks
I have read lots and lots of advice on this site, some good and some not so, very much mostly good, but all of it quite detailed and robust in it's content.POSTMAN wrote:Chin the c***?taptap wrote: Any ideas?.
However, never has a problem been summed up and answered as fully and concisely, yet made up from as few letters as this.
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
-
taptap
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 14 Oct 2011, 12:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: The gap where the letters go
Re: meal breaks
So I have been working since Feb this year and not taken a break lol, and when I've asked about it I'm told we dont qualify for 1. Even my colleauge who started with me says were not entitled to one.And have been told on 17th that our hours are being cut to 24 a week which means we have to start 12mins a day later... 
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: meal breaks
There is your thanks for all your free work you gave RM
Are you going to start taking your break now ?
Are you going to start taking your break now ?
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
taptap
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 14 Oct 2011, 12:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: The gap where the letters go
Re: meal breaks
Yes I will
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: meal breaks
Didn't we have something like this before,someone owed hrs/money due to a rouge screw.
If the w****r is adamant (not the pop star dude,as this prick is deffo not charming) that you are not entitled to a break,and this has been going on as long as you say it has been,then you are entitled to some serious back pay.
If you push it,you and your mate are in the money.
If the w****r is adamant (not the pop star dude,as this prick is deffo not charming) that you are not entitled to a break,and this has been going on as long as you say it has been,then you are entitled to some serious back pay.
If you push it,you and your mate are in the money.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: meal breaks
And PS:Any managers care to comment?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16731
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: meal breaks
If his hours are being cut, then I presume he isn't a RM employee.
If he is a casual, all the advice about his meal relief might not be correct.
If he is a casual, all the advice about his meal relief might not be correct.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.