ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

d2d's prepped in by person for someone else!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: d2d's prepped in by person for someone else!

Post by BingBong »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:
somerset wrote:
Judgee wrote:Whoever is on it monday should just deliver mondays d2ds and pull the rest out and throw them in a pile! Putting them all in the frame expecting someone else to deliver them all for you is taking the piss! :speak to the hand
:nana EXACTLY . I would love to see the blokes look on his face on Tuesday morning and he has to do them all again .
I would do exactly the same, unless the lino specifically brought the issue up before I pulled them out. Each and every day has one sixth of the D2D prep and delivery as part of the workload, it is not my job to automatically mop up the mess left by others on the last day of the week, I deliver the day's clearly marked sections and that is it... Unless asked to do otherwise by management, if I get asked to prep in and deliver extra, I choose if I am happy to do the o/t or ask management to relieve me of the excess workload beyond my contract hours.
In our office we are meant to do 20% each day. When im off I leave a note saying what roads are left and to do 20%. Not just where they are going. Otherwise I get screwed over.
Toon Army!
bigcol
Posts: 404
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
Gender: Male
Location: Officially the worst DO

Re: d2d's prepped in by person for someone else!

Post by bigcol »

nerradc wrote:In our office we are meant to do 20% each day. When im off I leave a note saying what roads are left and to do 20%. Not just where they are going. Otherwise I get screwed over.
Just pull out any left in the frame. Empty frame policy.
Lesannste
Posts: 8
Joined: 20 Mar 2012, 19:15
Gender: Female

Re: d2d's prepped in by person for someone else!

Post by Lesannste »

No person part-time, full-time or any other should even consider touching the next days d- doors! Do them on the day and if it puts you behind that's managers tough luck! They think you have time to do them but we know different so prove it
All of you are the union do the job correctly and prove it can't be done
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: d2d's prepped in by person for someone else!

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

nerradc wrote:
IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:
somerset wrote:
Judgee wrote:Whoever is on it monday should just deliver mondays d2ds and pull the rest out and throw them in a pile! Putting them all in the frame expecting someone else to deliver them all for you is taking the piss! :speak to the hand
:nana EXACTLY . I would love to see the blokes look on his face on Tuesday morning and he has to do them all again .
I would do exactly the same, unless the lino specifically brought the issue up before I pulled them out. Each and every day has one sixth of the D2D prep and delivery as part of the workload, it is not my job to automatically mop up the mess left by others on the last day of the week, I deliver the day's clearly marked sections and that is it... Unless asked to do otherwise by management, if I get asked to prep in and deliver extra, I choose if I am happy to do the o/t or ask management to relieve me of the excess workload beyond my contract hours.
In our office we are meant to do 20% each day. When im off I leave a note saying what roads are left and to do 20%. Not just where they are going. Otherwise I get screwed over.
But D2D is now a 6 days per week workload, not Mon-Fri as it was when we were paid per item. At our office the specific parts of the frame getting D2D each and every day are clearly labelled, they are prepped and delivered regardless of whether any other mail is for a delivery point, adhering to "clear frame policy."