ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What's the biggest tip you've ever had from a customer?
-
dog fish
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 16:12
- Gender: Male
Re: What's the biggest tip you've ever had from a customer?
In my old walk,a eldery lady during Easter time use too give me a cadburys creme egg every Year 
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: What's the biggest tip you've ever had from a customer?
Probably because you were too late for breakfast.dog fish wrote:In my old walk,a eldery lady during Easter time use too give me a cadburys creme egg every Year
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3377
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: What's the biggest tip you've ever had from a customer?
Got £40 from a small sportscar dealership on my old walk two Christmases ago. They went out of business six months later.
The machine stops.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: What's the biggest tip you've ever had from a customer?
Biggest single tip I got was £20 from a few people on my old delivery a few years ago, and when I started that delivery I got, in total, about £180-£200, after being on it for about 3 years it was nearly £500 plus boxes of fancy chocolates, fancy biscuits, wine and whiskey too, that kept the missus happy! So glad I had panniers on the bike to take that lot back.
But now?
Now I'm currently doing a park and loop delivery and I got £50 total and all from oap's who can't really afford it especially at that time of year too and I refused to take it but they insisted as I was one of the few people who they saw each day and wanted to give me a tip as a thank-you.
All this in a crap neighbourhood with a lot of people unemployed, or unemployable (on Gov. handouts) or they speak little or no English at all! Plod come and give people early morning alarm calls -battering down their doors to take a look and see what wonderful gifts they have inside with more snow in their flats than outside on the ground at Christmas!
Oh joy!
But now?
Now I'm currently doing a park and loop delivery and I got £50 total and all from oap's who can't really afford it especially at that time of year too and I refused to take it but they insisted as I was one of the few people who they saw each day and wanted to give me a tip as a thank-you.
All this in a crap neighbourhood with a lot of people unemployed, or unemployable (on Gov. handouts) or they speak little or no English at all! Plod come and give people early morning alarm calls -battering down their doors to take a look and see what wonderful gifts they have inside with more snow in their flats than outside on the ground at Christmas!
Oh joy!
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
montriff
- Posts: 243
- Joined: 24 Feb 2009, 17:37
- Gender: Male
Re: What's the biggest tip you've ever had from a customer?
Not a christmas tip but one year i got 50 euro's because one of my customers knew i was going on holiday 
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: What's the biggest tip you've ever had from a customer?
Just a shame it was to Rhyl.montriff wrote:Not a christmas tip but one year i got 50 euro's because one of my customers knew i was going on holiday
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: What's the biggest tip you've ever had from a customer?
At the other end of the scale....i was once given a bag of fruit(two bananas,one apple,and two oranges which were all rotten) and wait for it...a 20p coin from an elderly lady
...the gesture was nice..lol