ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
diary of a full timer in our office
-
Spanishsteve
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 16 Aug 2012, 22:00
- Gender: Male
Re: diary of a full timer in our office
I was under the impression that part timers only get enhanced rate on pay rates once they have completed 40 hours. So if a part timer does 25 hours normal hours then 15 hours overtime , they will not get more than a full timer on 40 hours. Once 40 hours has been reached then the pay rate is enhanced. I'm sure someone will clarify if I am correct.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: diary of a full timer in our office
Correct.Spanishsteve wrote:I was under the impression that part timers only get enhanced rate on pay rates once they have completed 40 hours. So if a part timer does 25 hours normal hours then 15 hours overtime , they will not get more than a full timer on 40 hours. Once 40 hours has been reached then the pay rate is enhanced. I'm sure someone will clarify if I am correct.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: diary of a full timer in our office
No,he is on the same hourly rate until he reaches 39/40 hrs,anything after that then goes to docket rate.somerset wrote:I cannot understand this one ? I am a fulltimer. So on a basic 8 hour day , i get 8 hours basic pay. Okay . So a partimer on say a 5 hour basic day works 3 hours overtime. Overtime is paid at a higher rate? So therefore he earns more than me?bringon4dayweeks wrote:this should read im part time but i work the same hours as a full timer for less money
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: diary of a full timer in our office
The reason it looks like they are getting a higher hourly rate is the delivery supplement issue.
Any hours a part-timer works between their contracted hours and full-time hours contains an element of the delivery supplement.
Any hours a part-timer works between their contracted hours and full-time hours contains an element of the delivery supplement.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
somerset
- Posts: 582
- Joined: 08 Jun 2007, 16:23
Re: diary of a full timer in our office
Thank you POSTMAN for the reply . I could not figure out why they fill out the docket form everyday though? To me that is an overtime claim form?POSTMAN wrote:No,he is on the same hourly rate until he reaches 39/40 hrs,anything after that then goes to docket rate.somerset wrote:I cannot understand this one ? I am a fulltimer. So on a basic 8 hour day , i get 8 hours basic pay. Okay . So a partimer on say a 5 hour basic day works 3 hours overtime. Overtime is paid at a higher rate? So therefore he earns more than me?bringon4dayweeks wrote:this should read im part time but i work the same hours as a full timer for less money
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: diary of a full timer in our office
somerset wrote:Thank you POSTMAN for the reply . I could not figure out why they fill out the docket form everyday though? To me that is an overtime claim form?POSTMAN wrote:No,he is on the same hourly rate until he reaches 39/40 hrs,anything after that then goes to docket rate.somerset wrote:I cannot understand this one ? I am a fulltimer. So on a basic 8 hour day , i get 8 hours basic pay. Okay . So a partimer on say a 5 hour basic day works 3 hours overtime. Overtime is paid at a higher rate? So therefore he earns more than me?bringon4dayweeks wrote:this should read im part time but i work the same hours as a full timer for less money
it is over their contracted hours
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
Re: diary of a full timer in our office
No, all OT up to a full time 39hr week is paid at "ordinary" rate, the first ten hrs after that is at the "OT rate"somerset wrote:I cannot understand this one ? I am a fulltimer. So on a basic 8 hour day , i get 8 hours basic pay. Okay . So a partimer on say a 5 hour basic day works 3 hours overtime. Overtime is paid at a higher rate? So therefore he earns more than me?bringon4dayweeks wrote:this should read im part time but i work the same hours as a full timer for less money
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: diary of a full timer in our office
And remember they put through any SA money first so PTers don't even get the higher rate for that
Unless it has changes since I last did SA.
Unless it has changes since I last did SA.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio