ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

G1 - 4

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: G1 - 4

Post by dvbuk55 »

I'm never going to believe that any office has a truly working revision where every duty goes out using the correct equipment every day - it just isn't possible and it never was. It was a flawed concept to begin with and two years down the line the nay sayers have been proven right.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: G1 - 4

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:I'm never going to believe that any office has a truly working revision where every duty goes out using the correct equipment every day - it just isn't possible and it never was. It was a flawed concept to begin with and two years down the line the nay sayers have been proven right.
I hate it that we've been proven right :sad:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: G1 - 4

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I'm never going to believe that any office has a truly working revision where every duty goes out using the correct equipment every day - it just isn't possible and it never was. It was a flawed concept to begin with and two years down the line the nay sayers have been proven right.
I hate it that we've been proven right :sad:
The problem is DG that you'd have thought that long before now they'd have realised there is something seriously wrong and gone back to the drawing board.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: G1 - 4

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I'm never going to believe that any office has a truly working revision where every duty goes out using the correct equipment every day - it just isn't possible and it never was. It was a flawed concept to begin with and two years down the line the nay sayers have been proven right.
I hate it that we've been proven right :sad:
The problem is DG that you'd have thought that long before now they'd have realised there is something seriously wrong and gone back to the drawing board.
But you can't fix stupid. :sad:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16731
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: G1 - 4

Post by clashcityrocker »

The Dominator wrote: I also work in G13/14 and the revision ain't working.
They told me if I stand outside Lincoln Avenue around 2pm I would see all the posties returning having completed their duties.
So, sad git that I am I used up a day of my annual leave to go and see for myself.
It was quite a quiet Monday with less packets than normal.
I did see quite a few returning on and before time.
But they appear to be using their HCTs as mobile pouch boxes and using pouches. Now I can understand this where you have got blocks of flats/tenements but not when you have got rows of front doors.
And I certainly saw posties getting out of shared vans and carrying pouches - again along flat streets with front doors. I didn't see any LWTs - but then I didn't see everything.

Apparently they weren't happy about lapsing over the summer, but if they don't do the job properly...........
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
knoxycube
Posts: 77
Joined: 31 Aug 2009, 21:25
Gender: Male

Re: G1 - 4

Post by knoxycube »

G21/22 is working fine. I have been at g13 a few times and the office is a f***ing joke,management don't have a clue and I have cut off every time I have been sent there, I have been around a few offices in Glasgow and g13 is by far the worst I have been sent to.