I wish you were mate. I really wish you were.ebbzie wrote:If i was your driver and you had an attitude like that , you would find yourself waiting ages for your bags each day . It cant be that much of a problem one packet FFSElvisGaddafi wrote:This happened to me once. The driver, who also took out my bags, left the packet in one of my drop boxes. I delivered it - which meant that I had to come back to the box for it once I had enough space in my pouch - but I told the driver next day that it wouldn't be happening again. Next time I'd leave the packet in the box and just notify my manager that it was there. Wouldn't be me getting done for wilful delay.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Packets handed back
-
ElvisGaddafi
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Packets handed back
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3377
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Packets handed back
That's the kind of threat that would terrify walkers before P&L, because it's a lot easier to keep your head down and not challenge the driver's behaviour than dealing with the stress of management bearing down on you if you attempt to cut off. It's not a good work environment trapped between management on one side and colleagues who do what they want on the other.ebbzie wrote:If i was your driver and you had an attitude like that , you would find yourself waiting ages for your bags each day.
The machine stops.
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Packets handed back
ebbzie wrote:Fair comments TBT, but fortunately we dont have this problem at my DO. It just gets my back up when you see the moans and threats you see on here, especially the " i will get him done for willful delay" comment and i think thats your workmate your trying to get sacked. Why cant they just sort out their problems between each other. In my DO ,yes i am a driver but was on the bikes for 10 years so i know the problems, if a postman asks me to take a "suspect" package i always will and they return the favours - easy
and if they don't then they can wait for their bags?
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Packets handed back
The same packets appeared back on my frame this morning. 3 days after they came in and they've still not reached the customer
Was raging, haha!
The usual driver was day off so hopefully they're delivered by now
Was raging, haha!
The usual driver was day off so hopefully they're delivered by now
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Packets handed back
It took me just about 2 weeks when I started to realise the power of the drivers and the weakness of the manager. I knew straight-away that I will rather use my car than get involved with arrogant and power hungry folks...
Having said the above, I did have a good relationship with most drivers bar one or two. It is about give and take. I take bigger packets if they are at the start of the walk or if they are in awkward places - this I do when the drivers ask me to do so. And in return, they take some multi-packets (some drivers will just keep saying individually the packet size are ok) and they take packets when I explain that that there are too many for a particular loop...
Thank God for P&L, no more using private cars and no more driver hassle.
Having said the above, I did have a good relationship with most drivers bar one or two. It is about give and take. I take bigger packets if they are at the start of the walk or if they are in awkward places - this I do when the drivers ask me to do so. And in return, they take some multi-packets (some drivers will just keep saying individually the packet size are ok) and they take packets when I explain that that there are too many for a particular loop...
Thank God for P&L, no more using private cars and no more driver hassle.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Packets handed back
And me till it was pointed out on here.Biker Mouse wrote:That's a new one to me!POSTMAN wrote:Some offices when there is a tear up,the manager would sign the packet to show the driver/walker that he has okayed for them to deliver it.Biker Mouse wrote:What's all this about signing for packets? I resume they're not Specials or Tracked.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
ElvisGaddafi
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Packets handed back
Couple of things here:
1. What i said to the driver was between me and him. I would never, ever report a colleague to management in an effort to get him or her conducted - in contrast to about 90% of the backstabbing wanks in our office. In fact, once I came back after my day-off to find a whole bag of mail from the previous day in one of my dropboxes (turned out that they'd split my duty between 3 guys on O/T and one of them didn't realise he had another bag). I stood at that box and put both days mail in order and then delivered it, adding between 30 - 40 minutes to my delivery that day. Since, previously we had a guy sacked for leaving one bundle in a box, I had little doubt about what would happen if I just left it.
2. Yes, in our office we (walkers) are not allowed to put packets (single or multis) over to the drivers until a manager has checked how much we have in our bags and confirmed that it is physically impossible to fit them in (this is pre-revision). So, having gone through this procedure, it is a bit annoying when the driver - rather than having the balls to tell management that he can't/ won't take it - decides to just leave it in your dropbox.
3. Ebbzie's comment about deliberately making you wait for your bags is unfortunately too typical and says a lot more about him than it does about the job.
1. What i said to the driver was between me and him. I would never, ever report a colleague to management in an effort to get him or her conducted - in contrast to about 90% of the backstabbing wanks in our office. In fact, once I came back after my day-off to find a whole bag of mail from the previous day in one of my dropboxes (turned out that they'd split my duty between 3 guys on O/T and one of them didn't realise he had another bag). I stood at that box and put both days mail in order and then delivered it, adding between 30 - 40 minutes to my delivery that day. Since, previously we had a guy sacked for leaving one bundle in a box, I had little doubt about what would happen if I just left it.
2. Yes, in our office we (walkers) are not allowed to put packets (single or multis) over to the drivers until a manager has checked how much we have in our bags and confirmed that it is physically impossible to fit them in (this is pre-revision). So, having gone through this procedure, it is a bit annoying when the driver - rather than having the balls to tell management that he can't/ won't take it - decides to just leave it in your dropbox.
3. Ebbzie's comment about deliberately making you wait for your bags is unfortunately too typical and says a lot more about him than it does about the job.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Packets handed back
Elvis, I hear you! And I fully agree with you about not wanting to get colleagues in trouble whilst on the other hand,; the most aggressive and confrontational posties are sometimes the first to back-stab and/or report people to management.
The number of times new members of staff are bad-mouthed instead of being helped or encouraged is very disappointing. Although, you might not want to rat on other staff but some could not care-less about your feelings or situation... Being reasonable is seen as being wet by some numpties.
Back to the topic, the time it takes to get a manager to check your bag and then sign and then you hand packet to driver, one might as well take the packet - that is what I do. Or leave it cheekily for the driver and hope that they take it and if not, I will hope the next day, I might be able to fit the packets in the bag or use the car.
The number of times new members of staff are bad-mouthed instead of being helped or encouraged is very disappointing. Although, you might not want to rat on other staff but some could not care-less about your feelings or situation... Being reasonable is seen as being wet by some numpties.
Back to the topic, the time it takes to get a manager to check your bag and then sign and then you hand packet to driver, one might as well take the packet - that is what I do. Or leave it cheekily for the driver and hope that they take it and if not, I will hope the next day, I might be able to fit the packets in the bag or use the car.
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Packets handed back
Elvis my problem would be if someone was trying to get me sacked i wouldnt be too happy with them . but like i said i dont have that problem in my office. I do a lot of favours for the walkers because like i said i was one for 10 years, so if you dont mind please dont make me out to be a "s**t" driver type because i am certainly not!
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Packets handed back
ebbzie wrote:Elvis my problem would be if someone was trying to get me sacked i wouldnt be too happy with them . but like i said i dont have that problem in my office. I do a lot of favours for the walkers because like i said i was one for 10 years, so if you dont mind please dont make me out to be a "s**t" driver type because i am certainly not!
yet you will happily punish any 'walker' you feel fails the attitude test?
-
ElvisGaddafi
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Packets handed back
If you say so mate but, to be honest, your remark about deliberately making people wait for their bags kinda says different to me. However, I also have a bad habit of speaking (or in this case, posting) before I think things through completely sometimes so if I got you wrong I'm happy to apologise.ebbzie wrote:Elvis my problem would be if someone was trying to get me sacked i wouldnt be too happy with them . but like i said i dont have that problem in my office. I do a lot of favours for the walkers because like i said i was one for 10 years, so if you dont mind please dont make me out to be a "s**t" driver type because i am certainly not!
Anyway, as somebody said earlier it's a shame that the working practices of RM, particularly the uneven and often unfair allocation of workload, often lead to colleagues being at each others throats. I've also been a driver and reverted to a walk so I know the difficulties on both sides also.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
-
ElvisGaddafi
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Packets handed back
By the way, I can't find the "i will get him done for wilful delay" comment. Where is it exactly?ebbzie wrote:Fair comments TBT, but fortunately we dont have this problem at my DO. It just gets my back up when you see the moans and threats you see on here, especially the " i will get him done for willful delay" comment and i think thats your workmate your trying to get sacked. Why cant they just sort out their problems between each other. In my DO ,yes i am a driver but was on the bikes for 10 years so i know the problems, if a postman asks me to take a "suspect" package i always will and they return the favours - easy
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Packets handed back
ElvisGaddafi wrote:This happened to me once. The driver, who also took out my bags, left the packet in one of my drop boxes. I delivered it - which meant that I had to come back to the box for it once I had enough space in my pouch - but I told the driver next day that it wouldn't be happening again. Next time I'd leave the packet in the box and just notify my manager that it was there. Wouldn't be me getting done for wilful delay.
As good as a threat
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Packets handed back
and one last thing i dont even do pouches
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Packets handed back
ebbzie wrote:ElvisGaddafi wrote:This happened to me once. The driver, who also took out my bags, left the packet in one of my drop boxes. I delivered it - which meant that I had to come back to the box for it once I had enough space in my pouch - but I told the driver next day that it wouldn't be happening again. Next time I'd leave the packet in the box and just notify my manager that it was there. Wouldn't be me getting done for wilful delay.
As good as a threat
what that a driver does the packets allocated to them,rather than dump on /decide for a postie, leaving them little choices on the street?
I can see you have those driver blinkers on.
yes its all RMs fault, you poor little lamb.
