ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Booking Overtime

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Sco77
Posts: 30
Joined: 27 Oct 2011, 12:03
Gender: Male

Re: Booking Overtime

Post by Sco77 »

Some interesting answers here, i enjoyed the read ;)
In our place it's pretty much 'If you don't sign for the overtime they will purposely forget to put it down' i think it sucks to be honest. I was owed 4.5 hours. It took me almost 5 weeks to get them to pay it and even then it had to go down as 'Belated' it's a joke. I flatly refuse overtime now on the basis of that. The only time i will do it is if i sign before i leave the office. How can they not pay you what you have rightfully earnt??? Never known the likes of it, not in a big organisation such as R.M surely!
I hate the way they treat you like you are lazy too and lay on the typical pressure tactics such as "The other guy had no problem with the round" And, "You need to speed up then mate, cos nobody ever puts in overtime on that round" i mean cmon, if i say i can't deliver it all within my time limit i mean it, i'm not trying to snaffle half an hour here and there for the sh***s and giggles ya know! I'm sure they love to think that every other day exept for Thursday(Our busiest day in the office) is the same every day and that we make at least an hour on the walk :evil/mad :chuckle
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Re: Booking Overtime

Post by feduppostie »

If I did overtime ( and I don't) I would make sure it was the first thing I did on arriving at the office in the morning

If I am owed it then it is my priority to book it

'Forgetting' to book it in time then moaning because you don't get it???? really

If you book it and don't get it then fair enough complain

but if you don't book it when you should and then moan you can't get it

well it really is your own fault

it is really not that hard

if you do overtime then book it
TheCobra
Posts: 249
Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: Booking Overtime

Post by TheCobra »

feduppostie wrote:If I did overtime ( and I don't) I would make sure it was the first thing I did on arriving at the office in the morning

If I am owed it then it is my priority to book it

'Forgetting' to book it in time then moaning because you don't get it???? really

If you book it and don't get it then fair enough complain

but if you don't book it when you should and then moan you can't get it

well it really is your own fault

it is really not that hard

if you do overtime then book it
End of the day people are people, they aren't robots, sometimes they forget. If people forget to book it, well they still worked it and they should still get paid it, even belatedly, most other companies are fine about it but in RM it seems you have to jump through hoops just to get paid what you are owed, especially when the sheets go missing for most the day.