the best way of stopping notes on the door is by telling the customer that you
could be letting the wrong people know your out or at work and come back to an empty house.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Notes on peoples doors
-
north london driver
- Posts: 560
- Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 21:51
- Gender: Male
-
CORTINA
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 29 Jan 2009, 12:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Notes on peoples doors
So the note on the door say leave items behind the bin or whatever...
If you can read it, whats stopping anyone else reading it and pinching the item after you have left it there..?
Some people can follow the postie and wait ...
If you can read it, whats stopping anyone else reading it and pinching the item after you have left it there..?
Some people can follow the postie and wait ...
-
Patrick Clifton
- Posts: 430
- Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: Greendale
Re: Notes on peoples doors
Guy in our office is currently on suspension for thisTommase wrote:I know its slighty different but I rarely or never bring anything back to the office from my rural delivery. Specials, tracked, recorded all go through or in play houses, coal bunkers etc my customers would complain if I didn't leave the item !
Take heed!
-
Patrick Clifton
- Posts: 430
- Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: Greendale
Re: Notes on peoples doors
I had a cracker of a note left for me yesterday!
Was just coming out of the house next door and I see this white note stuck to the door. 'Oh here we go, a wee note left.' It had bullet points and everything!!!
'Postie - Had to pop out. Please leave delivery:-
* In garage
* With neighbour.'
So I pulled the ticket off the door and added a 3rd choice, 'Returned to delivery office,' circled it and put it through her letterbox with the 739. It was a Special delivery as well. Zero tolerance with those I am afraid.
Was just coming out of the house next door and I see this white note stuck to the door. 'Oh here we go, a wee note left.' It had bullet points and everything!!!
'Postie - Had to pop out. Please leave delivery:-
* In garage
* With neighbour.'
So I pulled the ticket off the door and added a 3rd choice, 'Returned to delivery office,' circled it and put it through her letterbox with the 739. It was a Special delivery as well. Zero tolerance with those I am afraid.
-
skull
- Posts: 450
- Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Notes on peoples doors
Patrick Clifton wrote:Guy in our office is currently on suspension for thisTommase wrote:I know its slighty different but I rarely or never bring anything back to the office from my rural delivery. Specials, tracked, recorded all go through or in play houses, coal bunkers etc my customers would complain if I didn't leave the item !![]()
Take heed!
We've just had a rural postie (40 Years service) sacked for self signing a special which went missing. He's currently going through the appeal process to try and get his job back. Your customer's will definitely complain if something you have signed for goes missing and you will lose your job.
-
skull
- Posts: 450
- Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Notes on peoples doors
CORTINA wrote:So the note on the door say leave items behind the bin or whatever...
If you can read it, whats stopping anyone else reading it and pinching the item after you have left it there..?
Some people can follow the postie and wait ...
just wright on the note.
Thanks for pointing this out.
A Thief.
-
archy
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 12 Jul 2012, 11:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Notes on peoples doors
There was one case maybe made up by managers, find a house where the owner and hopefully neighbours are out, order as much as you can such as contract mobiles and stuff with stolen or even real cards if it's low initial cost with the most expensive delivery so it turns up on time.
Park a car in the driveway, put keys that will stay in the front door lock but not work, have a bucket of water and start washing the car, delivery company turns up sees keys in door, car being washed, maybe a unsecured mountain bike on the driveway or lawnmower they bought along, owner takes delivery outside and signs for it. Get as many deliveries as possible then leave in the car.
Park a car in the driveway, put keys that will stay in the front door lock but not work, have a bucket of water and start washing the car, delivery company turns up sees keys in door, car being washed, maybe a unsecured mountain bike on the driveway or lawnmower they bought along, owner takes delivery outside and signs for it. Get as many deliveries as possible then leave in the car.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Notes on peoples doors
I discovered a note today on a customers door - I have to say its one I fully endorsed and followed to the letter.

There were not impressed and the Policeman says I should expect a summons.

There were not impressed and the Policeman says I should expect a summons.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Re: Notes on peoples doors
I suspect that I work in the same office as you Skull because I think I know who you're referring to. Whether a member of the public asks you to do them a "favour" by signing for something on their behalf (usually because they can't be arsed collecting it on their way home from work), or you do it for your own misguided reasons (however well-intentioned they may seem to you), Royal Mail management will be absolutely delighted to remove you from your full-time job and install a new replacement with a part-time contract. Don't make their intention of obliterating full-time jobs easier for them by falling into this self-inflicted trap....even this shower of b******s can't sack you if a customer complains that you didn't sign for a special delivery on their behalf.skull wrote:Patrick Clifton wrote:Guy in our office is currently on suspension for thisTommase wrote:I know its slighty different but I rarely or never bring anything back to the office from my rural delivery. Specials, tracked, recorded all go through or in play houses, coal bunkers etc my customers would complain if I didn't leave the item !![]()
Take heed!
We've just had a rural postie (40 Years service) sacked for self signing a special which went missing. He's currently going through the appeal process to try and get his job back. Your customer's will definitely complain if something you have signed for goes missing and you will lose your job.
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Notes on peoples doors
Tooo much like hard work and planning for me, makes me wonder if it wouldnt be easier just to get a job instead of being a conman?archy wrote:There was one case maybe made up by managers, find a house where the owner and hopefully neighbours are out, order as much as you can such as contract mobiles and stuff with stolen or even real cards if it's low initial cost with the most expensive delivery so it turns up on time.
Park a car in the driveway, put keys that will stay in the front door lock but not work, have a bucket of water and start washing the car, delivery company turns up sees keys in door, car being washed, maybe a unsecured mountain bike on the driveway or lawnmower they bought along, owner takes delivery outside and signs for it. Get as many deliveries as possible then leave in the car.
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"