ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Natwest wages

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Natwest wages

Post by fishtank »

briantwigley wrote:My old employer would give out cash if you weren't paid and desperately needed money, however RM really doesn't have petty cash do they?
I've personally witnessed,a long time ago now....a manager take money from his own bank account to pay a member of staff.
I doubt many of the present crop of RM's finest would do that.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Natwest wages

Post by maisymoo04 »

mmmm wonder wat was goin on there fish :hmmmm
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Natwest wages

Post by fishtank »

maisymoo04 wrote:mmmm wonder wat was goin on there fish :hmmmm
Get your mind out of there maisy. :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Natwest wages

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:mmmm wonder wat was goin on there fish :hmmmm
Get your mind out of there maisy. :chuckle
Send him to the naughty room - remember the thought is as good or bad as the deed. :Very Happy

Money not being paid in was nothing new years ago - it was inputted manually and there was no cash machines so you went into the bank with a cheque made out to cash only to be told the wages hadn't been inputted yet because x,y or z had gone sick and so you had to go into your overdraft on occasion and the bank didn't accept liability!
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Natwest wages

Post by stokes11eg »

:sad: :cool
dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:mmmm wonder wat was goin on there fish :hmmmm
Get your mind out of there maisy. :chuckle
Send him to the naughty room - remember the thought is as good or bad as the deed. :Very Happy

Money not being paid in was nothing new years ago - it was inputted manually and there was no cash machines so you went into the bank with a cheque made out to cash only to be told the wages hadn't been inputted yet because x,y or z had gone sick and so you had to go into your overdraft on occasion and the bank didn't accept liability!
DV! you are old enough, like me, to remember the days before the trucking act-was repelled ! LOL Right up until the eighties, you got paid in cash.but I do remember when the new system came , it took weeks to bed in! no wages many a week.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Natwest wages

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:mmmm wonder wat was goin on there fish :hmmmm
Get your mind out of there maisy. :chuckle
Send him to the naughty room - remember the thought is as good or bad as the deed. :Very Happy

Money not being paid in was nothing new years ago - it was inputted manually and there was no cash machines so you went into the bank with a cheque made out to cash only to be told the wages hadn't been inputted yet because x,y or z had gone sick and so you had to go into your overdraft on occasion and the bank didn't accept liability!
I remember having pay parades when I first joined the mob.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Natwest wages

Post by dvbuk55 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:mmmm wonder wat was goin on there fish :hmmmm
Get your mind out of there maisy. :chuckle
Send him to the naughty room - remember the thought is as good or bad as the deed. :Very Happy

Money not being paid in was nothing new years ago - it was inputted manually and there was no cash machines so you went into the bank with a cheque made out to cash only to be told the wages hadn't been inputted yet because x,y or z had gone sick and so you had to go into your overdraft on occasion and the bank didn't accept liability!
I remember having pay parades when I first joined the mob.
Yes me too - I also remember saluting a warrant officer because I wasn't paying attention and had to give half a crown to charity - however I have been paid through the bank since before I left the army - they look after it so much better than I do :chuckle
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Natwest wages

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

POSTMAN wrote::neutral:
Any chance of a sub guys?
Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.