judging by the pic of Dave Ward hes spent some of his bonus money on a Rooneyesque hair creation....Dave said that the union has ''taken the right position on Colleague share throughout'' what? including punting the £1400 Colleague share money on all union literature during the vote for BT2010 '?..but '' some circumstances are beyond our control'' well it certainly looks like that way Mr Ward''....POSTMAN wrote:They just don't make it plain and simple do they...http://www.cwu.org/news/archive/colleag ... mbers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;CWU members working for Royal Mail Letters will receive an extra £100 in their June pay packets as a result of an agreement reached between the union and the company
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
£100 at the end of the month inplace of shares? Facts?
-
Danelectro
- Posts: 1058
- Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02
Re: £100 at the end of the month inplace of shares? Facts?
-
wandle
- Posts: 944
- Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
- Gender: Male
Re: £100 at the end of the month inplace of shares? Facts?
chunk wrote:The way i understand itthe extra Christmas £100 has performance strings attached to it !
So it not guaranteed !
Err, I beg to differ. The £100 is guaranteed, any additional amounts over and above the £100 ARE performance-related:
· The new incentive arrangements will include, as a minimum, an ongoing payment of £100 per year for each full time employee (pro rata part time), with the potential for additional payments linked to performance
-
dolphlundgren73
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 10 Sep 2009, 11:46
- Gender: Male
Re: £100 at the end of the month inplace of shares? Facts?
wandle wrote:chunk wrote:The way i understand itthe extra Christmas £100 has performance strings attached to it !
So it not guaranteed !
Err, I beg to differ. The £100 is guaranteed, any additional amounts over and above the £100 ARE performance-related:
· The new incentive arrangements will include, as a minimum, an ongoing payment of £100 per year for each full time employee (pro rata part time), with the potential for additional payments linked to performance
I wish i had your confidence. This agreement is only with Royal Mail. Do you honestly think our Business will still be Royal Mail in 2 years time?
Whoever buys Royal Mail will not only not be obliged to pay any bonus but will rip up contracts. You will in effect have to re apply for your Jobs and EVERY postie will have reviewable contracts!. No longer a Job for life and EVRs will no longer be on the table.
Thats what has happened to all Government sectors that have been sold privately.
So 14 years of bonuses is easy for Royal Mail to agree to, as they know it will mean nothing in less than 2 years time!
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Re: £100 at the end of the month inplace of shares? Facts?
Both Royal Mail and the CWU are seeking advice in ensuring that future agreements including the replacement to colleague share is legally binding and therefore enforceable in law if either party breaks the agreement.
The trouble with colleague share Was if you read the booklet which your original share was sent with you would realise Royal Mail had more than a few escape routes to not pay the money.
The trouble with colleague share Was if you read the booklet which your original share was sent with you would realise Royal Mail had more than a few escape routes to not pay the money.
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: £100 at the end of the month inplace of shares? Facts?
i think bizarrely you are agreeing with me! as it is the extra hundred at christmas that i refer to as not being certain not the initial hundred that we will probably get.wandle wrote:chunk wrote:The way i understand itthe extra Christmas £100 has performance strings attached to it !
So it not guaranteed !
Err, I beg to differ. The £100 is guaranteed, any additional amounts over and above the £100 ARE performance-related:
· The new incentive arrangements will include, as a minimum, an ongoing payment of £100 per year for each full time employee (pro rata part time), with the potential for additional payments linked to performance
recap for the hard of understanding
£100 in june probably
£100 at christmas probably
£200 at christmas? i think i would bet against it as it comes with " strings"
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
whatamess!!
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 13 Jan 2011, 17:43
- Gender: Female
Re: £100 at the end of the month inplace of shares? Facts?
We should be getting the £100 on Friday, as this is the last date for payment in June. 
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Re: £100 at the end of the month inplace of shares? Facts?
its just more boll ocks to keep us quiet, of course we aint gonna get it ! just more and more lies
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: £100 at the end of the month inplace of shares? Facts?
I don't recall that being pointed out when BT2010 was being pimped by the CWU. Are they seeking the same legal advice dingo or is it that the productivity scheme to replace colleague share will be enforceable and the payment won't, after all having used the ploy once with colleague share why not use it again with some other scheme. It's a winner because the carrot can be dangled on the one hand as an incentive and then denied as and when there's no money in the pot. So I wouldn't exactly advocate a new incentive scheme when we've had feck all for the last two.dingo wrote:Both Royal Mail and the CWU are seeking advice in ensuring that future agreements including the replacement to colleague share is legally binding and therefore enforceable in law if either party breaks the agreement.
The trouble with colleague share Was if you read the booklet which your original share was sent with you would realise Royal Mail had more than a few escape routes to not pay the money.
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Re: £100 at the end of the month inplace of shares? Facts?
Would you like a wager on it ? I give you good odds ! Pay directive sent today states its to be paid to both weekly and monthly staff on the 29th June ! But hey what do I know ?borgpicard wrote:its just more boll ocks to keep us quiet, of course we aint gonna get it ! just more and more lies
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: £100 at the end of the month inplace of shares? Facts?
Well it's a good job you do know Dingo and thanks for the info,obviously the CWU and RM in their joint statement kept the actual date a secret.dingo wrote:Would you like a wager on it ? I give you good odds ! Pay directive sent today states its to be paid to both weekly and monthly staff on the 29th June ! But hey what do I know ?borgpicard wrote:its just more boll ocks to keep us quiet, of course we aint gonna get it ! just more and more lies
One's a communications union and the other a communications business,funny as f**k tbh,unless of course i've mugged myself here and missed another statement stating the actual date.
I've upped the bandwidth on the site for thurs/fri for the masses coming on asking what this £100 thing is......pro rata.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: £100 at the end of the month inplace of shares? Facts?
I've decided that with my princely 48 quid I'm going to buy a meat slicer from Argos. Not that I'll be able to afford to buy any meat but when people visit I'll have it on prominent display giving the impression I can afford a piece of beef. It's a trick I learned from my dear old mum, every Sunday lunch she would go out the back door with a carving knife and sharpen it on the stone back step, the neighbours would think we had meat for dinner but in reality it was suet pudding made with cheap mince. 
-
whatamess!!
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 13 Jan 2011, 17:43
- Gender: Female
Re: £100 at the end of the month inplace of shares? Facts?
£48 for nothing is rather good!dvbuk55 wrote:I've decided that with my princely 48 quid I'm going to buy a meat slicer from Argos. Not that I'll be able to afford to buy any meat but when people visit I'll have it on prominent display giving the impression I can afford a piece of beef. It's a trick I learned from my dear old mum, every Sunday lunch she would go out the back door with a carving knife and sharpen it on the stone back step, the neighbours would think we had meat for dinner but in reality it was suet pudding made with cheap mince.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: £100 at the end of the month inplace of shares? Facts?
Well not quite for nothing mess, I had considered a foreign holiday with the 1400 quid I was expecting - I had to give up that idea - it would have been my first trip abroad - do they speak English on the Isle of Man - now it's a day trip to Blackpool on a wet Saturday in October. You may say it's for nothing but I have had to go through the trauma of disappointment from the expectation of untold riches....................am I to be poor all my life I wonder. Here I am in my twilight years scrimping and scraping and worrying if it is to be a paupers grave................I hope to god the servants have enough to bury me.whatamess!! wrote:£48 for nothing is rather good!dvbuk55 wrote:I've decided that with my princely 48 quid I'm going to buy a meat slicer from Argos. Not that I'll be able to afford to buy any meat but when people visit I'll have it on prominent display giving the impression I can afford a piece of beef. It's a trick I learned from my dear old mum, every Sunday lunch she would go out the back door with a carving knife and sharpen it on the stone back step, the neighbours would think we had meat for dinner but in reality it was suet pudding made with cheap mince.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: £100 at the end of the month inplace of shares? Facts?
This idea that it's for nothing is complete nonsense.whatamess!! wrote:
£48 for nothing is rather good!
The membership have faced and delivered more change in 5 years than the previous 20.
At least maybe some of them have.
The members in my D.O. certainly don't feel like they are getting it for nothing,they feel that they have been completely screwed over and should have been looking forward to a decent pay out.
They see something like £48 as a complete insult.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
whatamess!!
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 13 Jan 2011, 17:43
- Gender: Female
Re: £100 at the end of the month inplace of shares? Facts?
I believe we did get £1600 payout and we are getting the £1000 for revision payments, now a further £100(pro rata of course). Thats £2700 not including pay rises in the last 5 years.fishtank wrote:This idea that it's for nothing is complete nonsense.whatamess!! wrote:
£48 for nothing is rather good!
The membership have faced and delivered more change in 5 years than the previous 20.
At least maybe some of them have.
The members in my D.O. certainly don't feel like they are getting it for nothing,they feel that they have been completely screwed over and should have been looking forward to a decent pay out.
They see something like £48 as a complete insult.