Been here for over two years now. 25 hour contract so it won't be much, but a little extra to piss away is always welcome
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
£100.....
-
L8Hatter
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
- Gender: Male
Re: £100.....
Is the £100 for all delivery staff? Noticed an extra wage slip going out to the posties who live on my round and assumed this was probably it. But when I got home, there was none
Been here for over two years now. 25 hour contract so it won't be much, but a little extra to piss away is always welcome
Been here for over two years now. 25 hour contract so it won't be much, but a little extra to piss away is always welcome
-
Patrick Clifton
- Posts: 430
- Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: Greendale
Re: £100.....
What are these and who do they relate to?dingo wrote:Facts are you get £100 for full time pro rata for part time for nothing. From Christmas 2013 you will get £200 christmas bonus on a permanent basis pro rata for part time.
All current bonuses PBS , ICS , time bonus are protected and the new scheme will be devloped in the phase 3 talks which will staff will have a an opportunity to vote on.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: £100.....
It wasn't an extra payslip - it was a pension communication. As to if you'll get it or not - I don't think anyone knows yet as it has not been announced officially and well have to wit till it is to get the nitty gritty.L8Hatter wrote:Is the £100 for all delivery staff? Noticed an extra wage slip going out to the posties who live on my round and assumed this was probably it. But when I got home, there was none![]()
Been here for over two years now. 25 hour contract so it won't be much, but a little extra to piss away is always welcome
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: £100.....
They just don't make it plain and simple do they...
http://www.cwu.org/news/archive/colleag ... mbers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;CWU members working for Royal Mail Letters will receive an extra £100 in their June pay packets as a result of an agreement reached between the union and the company
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Re: £100.....
Wait does this £100.00 only apply if you are a cwu member?, I stopped paying my subs years ago.POSTMAN wrote:They just don't make it plain and simple do they...http://www.cwu.org/news/archive/colleag ... mbers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;CWU members working for Royal Mail Letters will receive an extra £100 in their June pay packets as a result of an agreement reached between the union and the company
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: £100.....
No,ship jumpers are ok.dohnut wrote:Wait does this £100.00 only apply if you are a cwu member?, I stopped paying my subs years ago.POSTMAN wrote:They just don't make it plain and simple do they...http://www.cwu.org/news/archive/colleag ... mbers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;CWU members working for Royal Mail Letters will receive an extra £100 in their June pay packets as a result of an agreement reached between the union and the company
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
blisterfeet
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
- Gender: Male
Re: £100.....
So why am i still paying into the union? I could save myself £3.33 a week and still get the bonus that the cwu negotiate. Non union members will be getting the £100, plus an extra £173 a year more than people who have paid into the union. So as a paying union member I will get £100 a year more but as a non union member I will be getting and extra £273 a year.POSTMAN wrote:No,ship jumpers are ok.dohnut wrote:Wait does this £100.00 only apply if you are a cwu member?, I stopped paying my subs years ago.POSTMAN wrote:They just don't make it plain and simple do they...http://www.cwu.org/news/archive/colleag ... mbers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;CWU members working for Royal Mail Letters will receive an extra £100 in their June pay packets as a result of an agreement reached between the union and the company
-
Pokermon
- Posts: 106
- Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: £100.....
i have been here 8 months and got zip?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: £100.....
Nobody got anything.Pokermon wrote:i have been here 8 months and got zip?
Probably next week.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
silly suffolk
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 728
- Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
- Gender: Male
- Location: deepest suffolk
Re: £100.....
if everyone was non union we would get jack, and be on minimum wage.blisterfeet wrote:So why am i still paying into the union? I could save myself £3.33 a week and still get the bonus that the cwu negotiate. Non union members will be getting the £100, plus an extra £173 a year more than people who have paid into the union. So as a paying union member I will get £100 a year more but as a non union member I will be getting and extra £273 a year.POSTMAN wrote:No,ship jumpers are ok.dohnut wrote:Wait does this £100.00 only apply if you are a cwu member?, I stopped paying my subs years ago.POSTMAN wrote:They just don't make it plain and simple do they...http://www.cwu.org/news/archive/colleag ... mbers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;CWU members working for Royal Mail Letters will receive an extra £100 in their June pay packets as a result of an agreement reached between the union and the company
-
blisterfeet
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
- Gender: Male
Re: £100.....
Yes, I agree and this is why I pay into the union but my point is why should non union members get the same as union members? They don't pay anything into the union but get all the benefits. It feels like I am giving them some of my own hard earnt money.silly suffolk wrote:if everyone was non union we would get jack, and be on minimum wage.blisterfeet wrote:So why am i still paying into the union? I could save myself £3.33 a week and still get the bonus that the cwu negotiate. Non union members will be getting the £100, plus an extra £173 a year more than people who have paid into the union. So as a paying union member I will get £100 a year more but as a non union member I will be getting and extra £273 a year.POSTMAN wrote:No,ship jumpers are ok.dohnut wrote:Wait does this £100.00 only apply if you are a cwu member?, I stopped paying my subs years ago.POSTMAN wrote:They just don't make it plain and simple do they...http://www.cwu.org/news/archive/colleag ... mbers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;CWU members working for Royal Mail Letters will receive an extra £100 in their June pay packets as a result of an agreement reached between the union and the company
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: £100.....
Your paying for the added `benefit` that if Royal Mails decides to sack you for jack s**t your union will represent you....hang on a minuteblisterfeet wrote:So why am i still paying into the union? I could save myself £3.33 a week and still get the bonus that the cwu negotiate. Non union members will be getting the £100, plus an extra £173 a year more than people who have paid into the union. So as a paying union member I will get £100 a year more but as a non union member I will be getting and extra £273 a year.POSTMAN wrote:No,ship jumpers are ok.dohnut wrote:Wait does this £100.00 only apply if you are a cwu member?, I stopped paying my subs years ago.POSTMAN wrote:They just don't make it plain and simple do they...http://www.cwu.org/news/archive/colleag ... mbers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;CWU members working for Royal Mail Letters will receive an extra £100 in their June pay packets as a result of an agreement reached between the union and the company
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Re: £100.....
years ago the Post office was a closed shop and you had to belong to the union. Another anti trade union law was bought in which made belonging to a trade union as voluntary.
Whist 85% of people are in the CWU higher in urban areas , some choose not too. It is now voluntary and they do not get the same benefits or drawbacks the only two difference is that they do not either have a vote or the protection of a union or do they get a say in any change in what either the union or Royal Mail choose to do. Oh and they get all this for not paying the price of a pint a week in a pub.
The majority of Indivduals who are repsresented by a union rep at a dismissal stage of the attendance procedure do not get dismissed at a first RTUS and at a appeal hearing very few non members are successful when appealing against dismissal.
I would be rich if I had a pound for every non member who gets in touch when they are trouble asking for union help.
Whist 85% of people are in the CWU higher in urban areas , some choose not too. It is now voluntary and they do not get the same benefits or drawbacks the only two difference is that they do not either have a vote or the protection of a union or do they get a say in any change in what either the union or Royal Mail choose to do. Oh and they get all this for not paying the price of a pint a week in a pub.
The majority of Indivduals who are repsresented by a union rep at a dismissal stage of the attendance procedure do not get dismissed at a first RTUS and at a appeal hearing very few non members are successful when appealing against dismissal.
I would be rich if I had a pound for every non member who gets in touch when they are trouble asking for union help.
-
The wanderer
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 28 May 2012, 13:33
- Gender: Male
Re: £100.....
There are loads of people at our place that are not in the Union.
There is a sort of culture that you only join the Union when you in trouble and then leave when the problem is resolved and spend the rest of the time slagging the Union off.
I can honestly say I have never met so many selfish people in one place in my life, it's an RDC not a delivery office.
It's funny watching these people who are not in the union approaching union reps and demanding advice or help and then slagging the union off when they feel not enough is being done for them.
I really admire proper union reps, not reps who are just in it to get a cushy number and pally up with the bosses, there are reps like this I have met a few.
The price of membership really is fk all and what people tend to forget is the union is only as strong as its members.
Jesus there are people in other countries who are murdered for belonging to a trade union.
The union is still a good thing IMO and should be supported.
There is a sort of culture that you only join the Union when you in trouble and then leave when the problem is resolved and spend the rest of the time slagging the Union off.
I can honestly say I have never met so many selfish people in one place in my life, it's an RDC not a delivery office.
It's funny watching these people who are not in the union approaching union reps and demanding advice or help and then slagging the union off when they feel not enough is being done for them.
I really admire proper union reps, not reps who are just in it to get a cushy number and pally up with the bosses, there are reps like this I have met a few.
The price of membership really is fk all and what people tend to forget is the union is only as strong as its members.
Jesus there are people in other countries who are murdered for belonging to a trade union.
The union is still a good thing IMO and should be supported.
I always feel like someone is watching me.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: £100.....
I do criticise the union and quite rightly so because the representation in recent years has been very poor and IMHO the union has taken a wrong turn and takes the membership for granted BUT after all said and done I still think it is right to be a supporter of the union - though that doesn't extend to kissing ass.