Oh behave,they're pussy magnets...
.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Looking like a fool.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Looking like a fool.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Looking like a fool.

I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dubdaz
- Posts: 264
- Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
- Gender: Male
- Location: london borough in kent
Re: Looking like a fool.
I feel less of a fool pushing the HCT than riding the circus bike! 
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
-
briantwigley
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 27 Mar 2012, 18:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Looking like a fool.
I started getting pain in my left wrist (the one i used to control it when I had a bundle of post in my arm)
I had to use it on ridiculously steep hills, and eventually one brake cable snapped and although I mentioned it to the manager it still hasn't been fixed. Thankfully I'm in the cage for the time being so I don't need to use it.
I never really felt stupid using it. I thought I would but in the end you forget about it after the first 5 minutes. I'd give anything for a motorised one though.
I also tried the trick of sharply pulling the lid to the left to break in when I locked my keys in. It works. Very very poorly designed especially when you need to lock it up and loop around a couple of streets with it out of sight.
I had to use it on ridiculously steep hills, and eventually one brake cable snapped and although I mentioned it to the manager it still hasn't been fixed. Thankfully I'm in the cage for the time being so I don't need to use it.
I never really felt stupid using it. I thought I would but in the end you forget about it after the first 5 minutes. I'd give anything for a motorised one though.
I also tried the trick of sharply pulling the lid to the left to break in when I locked my keys in. It works. Very very poorly designed especially when you need to lock it up and loop around a couple of streets with it out of sight.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Looking like a fool.
I did feel a bit of a fool when i first started using one but after a few days it wore off and i never gave it a second thought after that.
Had to stop using mine due to slight hills and back strain. I am back on a bike now.
Had to stop using mine due to slight hills and back strain. I am back on a bike now.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Looking like a fool.
puzzled customers often seriously ask does it have a motor ?
I say yes.. your looking at him.
I say yes.. your looking at him.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
durban1972
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 11 May 2012, 07:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Looking like a fool.
we were told if first letter drop a mile away van would take you out to the start of your round : 
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Looking like a fool.
Same rule here.on one round they incorporated delivering from about half a mile away so to avoid the drop-off!durban1972 wrote:we were told if first letter drop a mile away van would take you out to the start of your round :
has almost a mile .9
takes him 30 min which is a good pace after 4 hours delivering.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....