Are you sure ? I thought being invalided out of royal mail was the same for parttime contracts and the same rights with regard to the severance payment.markis wrote:pokos27 wrote:if you are going to go at least get the lump sum which is about £16k, and just rest up.
I have been quoted less than that as I'm on a 30 hr contract.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Leaving royal mail anxious about future
-
genesis
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 May 2007, 21:04
Re: Leaving royal mail anxious about future
-
markis
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 14 Feb 2008, 15:04
Re: Leaving royal mail anxious about future
genesis wrote:Are you sure ? I thought being invalided out of royal mail was the same for parttime contracts and the same rights with regard to the severance payment.markis wrote:pokos27 wrote:if you are going to go at least get the lump sum which is about £16k, and just rest up.
I have been quoted less than that as I'm on a 30 hr contract.
I think the difference is that IHR means that you are unable to to your duty in the next 9 months, while the other one is that you will not be able to work again.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Leaving royal mail anxious about future
34 weeks pay+various bits for a 30hr contract will be less than 34 weeks pay+various bits for a 40hr contract.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Leaving royal mail anxious about future
What is your point?Tman wrote:And he also said he's had the foot pain for three years now, so if/when he takes the advice and works for himself, finds he can't work and has no money coming in, he'll be somehow better off then, will he?He deliberately stated for the hard of understanding that it was the constant pain that was causing him the stress not working for RM and still you "missed" the point.
You're starting to look desperate for trolling opportunities Tman.
That invented,possible scenario would equally apply if he took any job,found he couldn't work and had no money coming in.
Of course he wouldn't be better off if everything went pear-shaped but he has to do something and the physical pain caused by a job that is mostly walking coupled with the undoubted stress of that constant pain means it will probably have to be something outside RM.
The poster who gave him advice simply put forward the idea that working for himself might give him the extra flexibility needed to manage his condition...that idea does have some merit.
Your post had nothing to do with his welfare.
It was just another "if you can't hack it in the piss easy world of RM you'll never survive in the outside world" post.
We know how little you think of us Tman,it oozes from every post you make...a bit like pus.
You have a very unhealthy mix of hubris and contempt for others.
You must be a joy at parties.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
genesis
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 May 2007, 21:04
Re: Leaving royal mail anxious about future
Another reason not to go part time.POSTMAN wrote:34 weeks pay+various bits for a 30hr contract will be less than 34 weeks pay+various bits for a 40hr contract.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4147
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: Leaving royal mail anxious about future
It was just another "if you can't hack it in the piss easy world of RM you'll never survive in the outside world" post.
We know how little you think of us Tman,it oozes from every post you make...a bit like pus.
You have a very unhealthy mix of hubris and contempt for others.
You must be a joy at parties.
Even worse for you Fishy, I don't think anything of you...good bad or indifferent.
As for the rest of it, the bitter rant of a Celt comes to mind. You need to lighten up for the good of your health.
{And I still wouldn't recommend self-employment to anyone in the current financial climate. Not even clever skilled people....}
-
wiganpostie
- Posts: 670
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Leaving royal mail anxious about future
If you think you have identified a business opportunity then I'd say go for it. I was self-employed for about five years, and it was the best job of my life. I won't say exactly what it was, but it involved sitting down in front of a computer and spouting whatever tosh popped into my head. So a bit like Tman, really.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Leaving royal mail anxious about future
I do think that Tman has a valid point about starting a business in the current climate.
I think if you are already doing something as a paid hobby which has a strong demand then you could expand it into a business to bring some money in. If you just have an idea only, that could be risky.
Have you exhausted every avenue from RM such as extended light duties etc. ?
I think if you are already doing something as a paid hobby which has a strong demand then you could expand it into a business to bring some money in. If you just have an idea only, that could be risky.
Have you exhausted every avenue from RM such as extended light duties etc. ?
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........