Hi, was wondering, how many A/L days do you have on top of your 3 week on and 1 week off. I am trying to find the best ways for my office, but need all the pro's and con's to put forward to my collegues, much apprieciated for any info.feduppostie wrote:we do 3 week on 1 week off
52 hour week it's ace![]()
![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
5 Weeks In 1 Off
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: 5 Weeks In 1 Off
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Re: 5 Weeks In 1 Off
if you have the maximum then you still have 30 days or 5 weeks ( 6 day week)
I can heartily recommend this system
I can heartily recommend this system
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: 5 Weeks In 1 Off
It will be done in hours using the PSP system which means that if your office is on the SWW you will be allocated 234 hours maximum.feduppostie wrote:if you have the maximum then you still have 30 days or 5 weeks ( 6 day week)
I can heartily recommend this system
Working a 52hr week that will only give you 4.5 weeks leave.
Be prepared for fireworks.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: 5 Weeks In 1 Off
How can that be if you still work 6 day's, and doing 52 hrs, are they just trying to con us? We still do the same hrs as all the other ways, just longer days? That means we do more hrs over the year, so get paid less?fishtank wrote:It will be done in hours using the PSP system which means that if your office is on the SWW you will be allocated 234 hours maximum.feduppostie wrote:if you have the maximum then you still have 30 days or 5 weeks ( 6 day week)
I can heartily recommend this system
Working a 52hr week that will only give you 4.5 weeks leave.
Be prepared for fireworks.
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Re: 5 Weeks In 1 Off
fishtank wrote:It will be done in hours using the PSP system which means that if your office is on the SWW you will be allocated 234 hours maximum.feduppostie wrote:if you have the maximum then you still have 30 days or 5 weeks ( 6 day week)
I can heartily recommend this system
Working a 52hr week that will only give you 4.5 weeks leave.
Be prepared for fireworks.
oh yes I remember something about losing 3 days now so you are correct we get 4 weeks 3 days
( to be honest i'm off so much I can barely keep count!)
-
albebb
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 18 Feb 2011, 18:16
- Gender: Male
Re: 5 Weeks In 1 Off
u work 3 lots of 6 days over a 4 week period, so 18days ever 4 weeks. this averages out at 4.5 days per week.
your holiday entitlement was( before psp ) based on that 4.5 day week so if u got the full 6 weeks entitlement you would get 6X 4.5=27days
however in order to take a week of a/l you need to use up 6 days to cover the week you take off. so 27days /6 = 4 weeks 3 days
this pattern, like a few others ensures the 1 in 4 Saturdays off under the BT 2010 agreement, so I'm just wondering why people are asking a bout a 5 weeks in 1 off when that wont allow you the every4th Saturday. or is this just a pre bt2010 implementation revision?
your holiday entitlement was( before psp ) based on that 4.5 day week so if u got the full 6 weeks entitlement you would get 6X 4.5=27days
however in order to take a week of a/l you need to use up 6 days to cover the week you take off. so 27days /6 = 4 weeks 3 days
this pattern, like a few others ensures the 1 in 4 Saturdays off under the BT 2010 agreement, so I'm just wondering why people are asking a bout a 5 weeks in 1 off when that wont allow you the every4th Saturday. or is this just a pre bt2010 implementation revision?
-
RTP
- Posts: 863
- Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: 5 Weeks In 1 Off
There are drawbacks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
shepherdess
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 16:16
- Gender: Female
Re: 5 Weeks In 1 Off
So because its in hours instead of days you cant purchase extral leave to make it back up to the six
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: 5 Weeks In 1 Off
Yes.shepherdess wrote:So because its in hours instead of days you cant purchase extral leave to make it back up to the six
234 hrs is already the maximum annual leave allowed (6 weeks X 39hrs)
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
shepherdess
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 16:16
- Gender: Female
Re: 5 Weeks In 1 Off
but if your on a 48 hour week your hours wont cover the 6 weeks off
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: 5 Weeks In 1 Off
So does that mean I save £6.00 per week, as I now purchase extra leave?shepherdess wrote:So because its in hours instead of days you cant purchase extral leave to make it back up to the six
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
Re: 5 Weeks In 1 Off
I did the Wallington week for a few years, I even had it with a five day week for a while too which was an absolute killer with 9he 30m shifts but I'm glad to be off it now. It's like saving your life up for five weeks to live it in the sixth.
-
venom
- Posts: 201
- Joined: 03 Nov 2009, 17:25
- Gender: Male
- Location: leaving in half a walk and working to time
Re: 5 Weeks In 1 Off
we have it at our office and if they asked for a change to a 5 day week they would be on the gate everyone loves it.its the only thing that keeps you going looking forward to a week off as we are on p/lMr Blonde wrote:I did the Wallington week for a few years, I even had it with a five day week for a while too which was an absolute killer with 9he 30m shifts but I'm glad to be off it now. It's like saving your life up for five weeks to live it in the sixth.