ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Goodbye RM,,,
-
Red Robbo
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 680
- Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Goodbye RM,,,
Did he say" I'll be back" ?
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Goodbye RM,,,
Hmmm I've nearly left on 2 occasions. The first job sounded fantastic but after about 10 months the person that got the job (I declined it) was made redundant. The second started off great but from what I can see of it now after a few redundancies the workload has shot up and with a pay freeze etc I'm glad i didn't jump.silly suffolk wrote:i hope the grass is greener. in my experience it never is.
For me until the job market improves to the point where if what I go to doesn't work out I could easily move to another then I'm staying put at RM.
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Goodbye RM,,,
good luck.
get a gym membership imo.
after my fitness wore off i was getting all sorts of problems...acheing arm etc.
get a gym membership imo.
after my fitness wore off i was getting all sorts of problems...acheing arm etc.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Goodbye RM,,,
Good Luck with the new job..........you can still come back here and listen to us moaning, so don't be a stranger 
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
countyboy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 17:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Goodbye RM,,,
Cliff Clavin wrote:The guy hasn't even said what he is leaving to do.silly suffolk wrote:i hope the grass is greener. in my experience it never is.
In my experience, the grass is quite often greener before/after Royal Mail employment.
Well yes,,my philosophy is dont jump off your current horse (even if its a donkey !!
RM are always going to lose good staff with the current system but the current labour market allows them to do it and its not helped by people running round like headless chickens to make time on the job. Cant see that changing though and its only going to get worse imo.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Goodbye RM,,,
What the job ?
Good luck, I would like to get a new job, but I think the job industry will be lot harder for me to get better job due to recession and I am being deaf. I doubt I will get better paid job or job security and like the floating week off perk (despite working longer hours) If there is a job I can do I will be interested but not applying via newspaper adverts / job centre / internet job site / recruitment agencies.
Good luck, I would like to get a new job, but I think the job industry will be lot harder for me to get better job due to recession and I am being deaf. I doubt I will get better paid job or job security and like the floating week off perk (despite working longer hours) If there is a job I can do I will be interested but not applying via newspaper adverts / job centre / internet job site / recruitment agencies.
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Goodbye RM,,,
Good luck sir on your new career...as regards this job..it's not the same as it once was...everyone rushing around like headless chickens,inept managers(many failed posties),quality of service gone to pot,(i mean..10.25 am i got out this morning to start a delivery)..nah pretty crap...wish i was back in the building trade sometimes...when i get home now i just feel whacked..and often demoralized as there is no job satisfaction nowadays...just do ya bit.keep ya head down,listen to the usual work time crap every Tuesday,more d2d's than ever,less time to deliver them,(let alone prep them),heavier bags,...if i was younger i would be off with you mate
-
silly suffolk
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 728
- Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
- Gender: Male
- Location: deepest suffolk
Re: Goodbye RM,,,
for the record i havent been on a walk for over 2 years , but dly work has always been hard work. when i travel to different dly offices i still see this obsession with making time, rushing about, being held in high esteem if you can cut a dly to ribbons. perhaps im wrong but there must be a better way. the more and more workload that is loaded on to dly staff there always seems to be a percentage of staff who will get it done. the more you do the more they will want i was told.hantsman wrote:Are you on a delivery daily now?
Have you ever been on a full delivery in the last 2 years?
If not you have simply no idea what goes on in some offices around the country
Copy and paste the whole lot.![]()
I take it you have never been on a delivery silly suffolk? Or when you did it was 2 bags max for a whole round, try 8 bags