Johnny Remo wrote:I believe the OP is confusing transsexuals with transvestites. Pretty significant difference...
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
how do i address transsexuals???
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: how do i address transsexuals???
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: how do i address transsexuals???
They're all in Dorothy Perkins trying on their Summer wardrobe ready for their seat on the board, they don't want to look out of place by Moyas side.postypie wrote:in the past i have worked in box counters serving our lovely customers..now and again a six foot erm... lady-boy/man would come into the office to collect his/hers mail..now i would often address this person as 'sir' based on his/hers deep voice and having a 6ft 5 '' frame...albeit in a tight mini skirt and skimpy top which often revealed a very hairy stomach...my colleagues would tick me off for addressing this person as 'sir' they told me i had to call this man/woman either madam or when i got to know them as 'love'(apparently she/he liked this)..now don't get me wrong i have nothing against these people(each to their own and all that),but there is no fooking way i am gonna say 'love',darling' or madam to a 6 foot 5'' bloke!
Where is the CWU on this!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: how do i address transsexuals???
You're sending mixed messages - "now don't get me wrong i have nothing against these people" which is a good and laudable position, but you ruin it by saying straight after ",but there is no fooking way i am gonna say 'love',darling' or madam to a 6 foot 5'' bloke!"postypie wrote:in the past i have worked in box counters serving our lovely customers..now and again a six foot erm... lady-boy/man would come into the office to collect his/hers mail..now i would often address this person as 'sir' based on his/hers deep voice and having a 6ft 5 '' frame...albeit in a tight mini skirt and skimpy top which often revealed a very hairy stomach...my colleagues would tick me off for addressing this person as 'sir' they told me i had to call this man/woman either madam or when i got to know them as 'love'(apparently she/he liked this)..now don't get me wrong i have nothing against these people(each to their own and all that),but there is no fooking way i am gonna say 'love',darling' or madam to a 6 foot 5'' bloke!
Where is the CWU on this!
The Union do have a position although not directly related to this but in that they have a Equal Opportunities Section at HQ, and they have a structure down to Branches to help. Being and equal oppourtunites union and employer, both the CWU and Royal Mail would expect you to deal with them courteously and professionally. If they are dressed as a woman, then treat them as such, if your are unable to do so, then don't bring up gender at all.
"Good Morning how can I help", "I'll just see if its back", "Yes its here, can you sign for it there please" "Thank you have a good day" - see no reason to mention gender as long as you are polite.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dubdaz
- Posts: 264
- Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
- Gender: Male
- Location: london borough in kent
Re: how do i address transsexuals???
I have a transgender person on my delivery,they come to the door half dressed when they've got a recorded. 6ft5 and well overweight with a deep voice.Initially I was shocked and repulsed(I'm now embarressed to say), BUT then thought how incredibly hard it must be for them to be born the wrong sex.The daily pisstaking and funny looks from people they must get,you would'nt choose to be born like it.
As others have said,just be polite with out refering to their gender,(and keep in mind 'there but for the grace of god go I').
As others have said,just be polite with out refering to their gender,(and keep in mind 'there but for the grace of god go I').
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: how do i address transsexuals???
There was one on a delivery I was on, I just didn't engage him/her in conversation, if I had a letter requiring a signature I just said "you need to sign for this". I don't think you need to have an overt opinion or a stance on whether it is acceptable, it would be a problem for them of course but not for the postman, I mean he/she is not likely to ask you out on a date.
Mind you I saw a clip of those lady boys and some of them are quite remarkable you'd have to be up close and personal to tell the difference, perhaps postiepie would have a different attitude for one of them.
Mind you I saw a clip of those lady boys and some of them are quite remarkable you'd have to be up close and personal to tell the difference, perhaps postiepie would have a different attitude for one of them.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: how do i address transsexuals???
I know I diddvbuk55 wrote:There was one on a delivery I was on, I just didn't engage him/her in conversation, if I had a letter requiring a signature I just said "you need to sign for this". I don't think you need to have an overt opinion or a stance on whether it is acceptable, it would be a problem for them of course but not for the postman, I mean he/she is not likely to ask you out on a date.
Mind you I saw a clip of those lady boys and some of them are quite remarkable you'd have to be up close and personal to tell the difference, perhaps postiepie would have a different attitude for one of them.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: how do i address transsexuals???
I'll just bet you were a frequent visitor to Bugis Street......................strange I never saw you thereDGP1 wrote:I know I diddvbuk55 wrote:There was one on a delivery I was on, I just didn't engage him/her in conversation, if I had a letter requiring a signature I just said "you need to sign for this". I don't think you need to have an overt opinion or a stance on whether it is acceptable, it would be a problem for them of course but not for the postman, I mean he/she is not likely to ask you out on a date.
Mind you I saw a clip of those lady boys and some of them are quite remarkable you'd have to be up close and personal to tell the difference, perhaps postiepie would have a different attitude for one of them.
Bugis Street of Singapore, was renowned internationally from the 1950s to the 1980s for its nightly gathering of trans women, as if you didn't know
Last edited by dvbuk55 on 06 Jun 2012, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
-
brothermagrew
- Posts: 3015
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Shares a border with England to the south.
Re: how do i address transsexuals???
If it's OK with the sisters stokesie and mazza i'll volunteer to fill in the accident ERICA reportstokes11eg wrote:
mazza111 wrote:ebbzie wrote:How do you know they were a transsexual? They might have just been a scottish woman
gets nut kicking boots on!!!
You want to hold him Stokes?
From a 5'8" Scottish lass (with my nut kicking boots on!)RIGHT! your on Mazza--I'll hold ,you do the honors! 'Wha daur mess wi' us'
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: how do i address transsexuals???
Are youj chatting me up?stokes11eg wrote:
ebbzie wrote:How do you know they were a transsexual? They might have just been a Scottish woman![]()
Oh Ebbzie--next time you come to Scotland---a will gie yi' a Glesca kiss!--From a five foot six Scottish lass!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: how do i address transsexuals???
What you mean there are Scottish women as well?
Do they shave their legs, because it didn't look like they did on Braveheart and they were quite lewd too.
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: how do i address transsexuals???
After kicking Ebbzie's nuts----
On a side note, I used to work with a transgender when I lived in Brighton. He was ok, until we all came into work one night to find a letter addressed to us all waiting in the canteen....the letter explained how he was now to be known as ...... and was going to have the op etc. Well I can tell you, none of us wanted to finish reading that letter first
I was the only woman there at the time, and it was weird to be in a public toilet and hear a man peeing in the next toilet to you, you can always tell the difference!!!
Anyhoo, he was about 6'5", shoes like boats, hands life shovels and the deepest voice, I did feel sorry for her. He then turned lez and married a young lass(in the days before same sex ceremonies), cos legally he could... But then again, it was Brighton.....
Stokes - u haud im I'll daud im!
On a side note, I used to work with a transgender when I lived in Brighton. He was ok, until we all came into work one night to find a letter addressed to us all waiting in the canteen....the letter explained how he was now to be known as ...... and was going to have the op etc. Well I can tell you, none of us wanted to finish reading that letter first
Stokes - u haud im I'll daud im!
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: how do i address transsexuals???
Mazza to be fair Stokes chatted me up first....... if things dont work out then maybe you could be next 
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: how do i address transsexuals???
ebbzie wrote:Mazza to be fair Stokes chatted me up first....... if things dont work out then maybe you could be next
do you not know what a Glasgow kiss is? LOL!
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: how do i address transsexuals???
mazza111 wrote:After kicking Ebbzie's nuts----
On a side note, I used to work with a transgender when I lived in Brighton. He was ok, until we all came into work one night to find a letter addressed to us all waiting in the canteen....the letter explained how he was now to be known as ...... and was going to have the op etc. Well I can tell you, none of us wanted to finish reading that letter firstI was the only woman there at the time, and it was weird to be in a public toilet and hear a man peeing in the next toilet to you, you can always tell the difference!!!
Anyhoo, he was about 6'5", shoes like boats, hands life shovels and the deepest voice, I did feel sorry for her. He then turned lez and married a young lass(in the days before same sex ceremonies), cos legally he could... But then again, it was Brighton.....
Stokes - u haud im I'll daud im!
-
cazspence
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 05 Nov 2011, 06:28
- Gender: Female
- Location: Aberdeen
Re: how do i address transsexuals???
stokes11eg wrote:ebbzie wrote:Mazza to be fair Stokes chatted me up first....... if things dont work out then maybe you could be next![]()
Poor Ebbzie--
do you not know what a Glasgow kiss is? LOL!
Lol