Ooops, didn't realise I'd used the thumbs down smiley.5plusbonusball wrote:Phew , they'll walk out out the door though when you take 'em off!cyrus wrote:Try using Sorbathane double strike insole(I think a postie has a review on amazon).I've tried using various insoles and this has been the best so far.Also wearing socks that have terry loop padding will give your feet extra cushioning...Had major problems for a few years with aching ankle joints.Solved the problem by wearing Sorbathane insole and 2 pairs of thick (merino wool) Smartwool socks .cost £14.00 -£20.00 a pair.A bit steep I know but Gives a very very nice soft cushioned feel.(Which I need since I've started park and loop this week) and even if it gets wet your feet still feel dry, as merino wool is great at keeping moisture away from the skin .I'd never ever go back to wearing cotton socks.Great thing about merino wool socks is they are anti bacterial.So you can wear them for several days with out washing them.
as they don't pong.
![]()
I can't get round now without at least 4 ibuprofen before I start!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tired Feet
-
cyrus
- Posts: 215
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Tired Feet
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Tired Feet
Its not a pretty list:Wessex wrote:Absolutely crucial to follow the instructions re eating and taking ibuprofen otherwise you can do a lot of damage to your stomach.
Taking ibuprofen, particularly at high doses over long periods of time, can increase your risk of:
stroke, when the blood supply to the brain is disturbed
heart attacks, when the blood supply to the heart is blocked
In females, long-term use of ibuprofen can sometimes be associated with reduced fertility. This is usually reversible when you stop taking ibuprofen.
Even short term there are possible side effects:
Ibuprofen can cause a number of side effects. For this reason, the lowest possible dose of ibuprofen should be taken for the shortest possible time to control your symptoms.
Common side effects of ibuprofen include:
nausea (feeling sick)
vomiting (being sick)
diarrhoea (passing loose, watery stools)
indigestion (dyspepsia)
abdominal (tummy) pain
Less common side effects include:
headache
dizziness
fluid retention (bloating)
raised blood pressure
gastritis (inflammation of the stomach)
duodenal or gastric ulcers (open sores in the digestive system, see Peptic ulcer)
allergic reactions, such as a rash
worsening of asthma symptoms by causing bronchospasm (narrowing of airways)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
hitman69
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 17:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Tired Feet
i used to have the same problem feet killed until someone recomended silver insoles and also cotton socks which contain silver never have a problem now.the socks i got from marks and spencer aand the silver insoles from amazon hope this helps 