ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Retire at 65

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Retire at 65

Post by Darren Bent »

I wouldn't work past 65 as I want to do other things like travelling and enjoying the sun. Don't ask me what I will be doing in 26 years time apart from dancing :) I have no idea what will happens in 5 years let alone 26 years.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Retire at 65

Post by fishtank »

keithposty wrote:may i ask

has their been a new court ruling on the DRA
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... nt#p486880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
keithposty
Posts: 918
Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 11:44
Gender: Male

Re: Retire at 65

Post by keithposty »

i do not understand why everyone is getting hot headed over this

Companies will have to show these aims are legitimate and genuinely being pursued.

, if “the business already has sophisticated performance management measures in place” they should be used for older workers.


we have the performance standards agreement to go by, not the likes of a DOM or ATOS

i can see an appeal going back to the european court of justice on this one as it flies smack in the face of the employmant framework directive

we cant have 50 % of 16-24 year olds on the dole can we, we cant hide that many in official statistics at an election can we

this stinks of hague and smith again
bexhil palace
Posts: 505
Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 11:54
Gender: Male
Location: All over the Gaff

Re: Retire at 65

Post by bexhil palace »

DB1100 wrote:I want to carry on working after 65,and yes I am on delivery we are not all falling to pieces,if some people want to retire at 65 thats their right.I am neither slow or stupid and wish to carry on.
Do you fancy a swap? I can't wait to get out of this mad house. :thumbup
Ellen Ripley
Posts: 13
Joined: 18 Feb 2008, 04:04
Gender: Female
Location: Nostromo

Re: Retire at 65

Post by Ellen Ripley »

At this moment in time any posty working on past 65 is presumably getting state pension, RM pension, full time pay, nightshift allowance, driving allowance, weekday overtime pay, Saturday and Sunday overtime, Bank Holiday O/T.
Must be on well over £1000 a week!
It’s crying shame if they haven’t got a life...

It won’t be anything like this when ( or if ) most of us get to 65, privatisation will take the full wage down to £200 a week tops, state pension will start at 90, and your RM Pension that's taken over by the government who will simply dial it in with state pension age and add on an extra £20 a week with a cheery wave.
It will be a crying shame if we're dead by then.

Ellen
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Retire at 65

Post by dvbuk55 »

Ellen Ripley wrote:At this moment in time any posty working on past 65 is presumably getting state pension, RM pension, full time pay, nightshift allowance, driving allowance, weekday overtime pay, Saturday and Sunday overtime, Bank Holiday O/T.
Must be on well over £1000 a week!
It’s crying shame if they haven’t got a life...

It won’t be anything like this when ( or if ) most of us get to 65, privatisation will take the full wage down to £200 a week tops, state pension will start at 90, and your RM Pension that's taken over by the government who will simply dial it in with state pension age and add on an extra £20 a week with a cheery wave.
It will be a crying shame if we're dead by then.

Ellen
Well Ellen, I am over 65 and get the company pension, a prior company pension, old age pension and a part time wage - now I lose £50 a month from each pension and the same amount each WEEK from pay, so it isn't the money that keeps me working - it is the fact that I want to work. In all I pay over £3000 a year in tax. As for death............... :chuckle nobody lives forever and it will come when it comes...............I just hope they don't spend too much on the bloody funeral.