Honesty is the best policy
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lost a recorded packet
-
R@YAL F@IL
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a recorded packet
Have you not delivered it to another customer by mistake?
Honesty is the best policy
Honesty is the best policy
NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers
-
mrro
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 02 Apr 2011, 22:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a recorded packet
Honesty is never the best policy... Our dom was telling a postie who has a regular round today that if the cover man gets bit by a dog that isnt in the walk log and the regular postie knew there was a dog there then there would be massive conduct!!! Hence you would never own upto knowing anything!
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Lost a recorded packet
If you know there is a dog you make sure your colleagues know.
Walk log, dog warning card whatever.
If you don't you are a twat.
Walk log, dog warning card whatever.
If you don't you are a twat.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Lost a recorded packet
clashcityrocker wrote:If you know there is a dog you make sure your colleagues know.
Walk log, dog warning card whatever.
If you don't you are a twat.
RM is too obsessed with cutting costs to allow for all proper H&S briefings, maybe if each duty holder held one with all potential cover people then it wouldn't be so bad. RM need to put in the money and time to ensure that we don't get bitten (and then they need to stop automatically blaming us when we do).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
R@YAL F@IL
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a recorded packet
When a fellow postie goes on my delivery they DO know where the dogs are and all other pit falls of the delivery obviously your theory is tainted and dangerous to your fellow posties and I would advise you to be honest and upfront with them allmrro wrote:Honesty is never the best policy... Our dom was telling a postie who has a regular round today that if the cover man gets bit by a dog that isnt in the walk log and the regular postie knew there was a dog there then there would be massive conduct!!! Hence you would never own upto knowing anything!
NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a recorded packet
The issues of dogs is completely different. As far as I know you only record dangerous or snappy dogs in the walk log... Not every single dog on the walk. And customers do acquire new dogs all the time... How many covers/floaters/reservists actually read the walk log?
I almost lost a recorder letter about 3 weeks ago. I was honest about it - it was my first time of losing a recorded or a P739 item. The office guys were cool about it. Customer was also not too bad about it.. I was confident (more or less) that it was not lost but misdelivered.
I had 2 houses in mind because it was on a lapse. I put a note in one of them and rang the bell of the other on a number of days. When letter did not turn up after 4 days - I despaired but put a note in the second house on saturday. Anyway, in the second week, I was off that round (am a reserve), I check the lapsed frame and letter was back in the slot (maybe tuesday) - I promptly took it to the office and got myself another clean bill. phew!
Honesty is a good thing!
I almost lost a recorder letter about 3 weeks ago. I was honest about it - it was my first time of losing a recorded or a P739 item. The office guys were cool about it. Customer was also not too bad about it.. I was confident (more or less) that it was not lost but misdelivered.
I had 2 houses in mind because it was on a lapse. I put a note in one of them and rang the bell of the other on a number of days. When letter did not turn up after 4 days - I despaired but put a note in the second house on saturday. Anyway, in the second week, I was off that round (am a reserve), I check the lapsed frame and letter was back in the slot (maybe tuesday) - I promptly took it to the office and got myself another clean bill. phew!
Honesty is a good thing!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a recorded packet
That's about to change.chrisj wrote:As far as I know you only record dangerous or snappy dogs in the walk log... Not every single dog on the walk.
The ongoing and supposedly successful
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a recorded packet
It's a cleverer person than me that can categorise the risk of a dog. I hope they are not doing it based on the volume of the dog. In my experience it's the quiet ones that you have to watch (and the ones that stand on your chest and piss on your leg !! for those that have not read my post ...... its a long story.)fishtank wrote:That's about to change.chrisj wrote:As far as I know you only record dangerous or snappy dogs in the walk log... Not every single dog on the walk.
The ongoing and supposedly successfultrials in Cardiff and Dunfermline record every single dog on your walk and categorises each on the level of risk.
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"