ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
stupid petty unbeleivable compalints from customers
-
claretandblue
- Posts: 917
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14
Re: stupid petty unbeleivable compalints from customers
i had 1 the other week, had a parcel for a house where nobody was in but there was a window open so i carefuly put the parcel through the window and closed it afterwards. Customer rung up to complain and said i quote " theres a parcel in my living romm and i don't know how it got there, the postman must have climbed through a window and put it there"
I kid you not !
I kid you not !
-
luddite
- Posts: 451
- Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24
Re: stupid petty unbeleivable compalints from customers
I walked up to a house to find the front door wide open so I dropped the mail onto the mat inside the hall
I'd taken a few steps back when I heard "oi you, I saw that! you could of damaged my mail throwing it down like that!" I said that if I'd have used the letterbox it would of fallen from the same height
He said he was reporting me for 'dangering(!) his mail'
I think he had a screw loose!

He said he was reporting me for 'dangering(!) his mail'
I think he had a screw loose!
-
kawoxux
- Posts: 300
- Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid petty unbeleivable compalints from customers
luddite wrote:I walked up to a house to find the front door wide open so I dropped the mail onto the mat inside the hallI'd taken a few steps back when I heard "oi you, I saw that! you could of damaged my mail throwing it down like that!" I said that if I'd have used the letterbox it would of fallen from the same height
![]()
He said he was reporting me for 'dangering(!) his mail'
I think he had a screw loose!![]()
![]()
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: stupid petty unbeleivable compalints from customers
You could report him for 'dangering' your intelligenceluddite wrote:I walked up to a house to find the front door wide open so I dropped the mail onto the mat inside the hallI'd taken a few steps back when I heard "oi you, I saw that! you could of damaged my mail throwing it down like that!" I said that if I'd have used the letterbox it would of fallen from the same height
![]()
He said he was reporting me for 'dangering(!) his mail'
I think he had a screw loose!![]()
![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid petty unbeleivable compalints from customers
Customer complaint - 'I haven't had any mail for 3 days'
Me - 'That's right they haven't'

Me - 'That's right they haven't'
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: stupid petty unbeleivable compalints from customers
I had to deal with a complaint like that sent through from Customer Services. I went to ask the postie and he said that they just hadn't had any, so I had to send that back to CS.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
Carp
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 19 Aug 2011, 22:00
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid petty unbeleivable compalints from customers
Brilliant posts
This morning though, i arrived at this stair[block of flats] in which i have been having problems with since Friday too gain access due to fault in the intercom.
Beforehand whenever i pressed the doors' number on the com,then they would press the main door butten for me too get in.
However,on this occasion after pressing all the residents buzzer,i asked for someone to kindly come down too open the main door so they can get their mail.One female voice as if been woken up or on her bad Week,snarled
"postie!are not feckin in yet,or has someone not let you in"
"Obvously not dear"i replied "as i would not be here still pressing the buzzer too get in"
"Don't be feckin cheeky ye ba-----"
So i waited and waited
nope no entry again.Well i did tried 
Beforehand whenever i pressed the doors' number on the com,then they would press the main door butten for me too get in.
However,on this occasion after pressing all the residents buzzer,i asked for someone to kindly come down too open the main door so they can get their mail.One female voice as if been woken up or on her bad Week,snarled
"postie!are not feckin in yet,or has someone not let you in"
"Obvously not dear"i replied "as i would not be here still pressing the buzzer too get in"
"Don't be feckin cheeky ye ba-----"
So i waited and waited
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid petty unbeleivable compalints from customers
This thread's funny as well...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=40167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=40167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Dushku2309
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 16:05
- Gender: Male
- Location: Liverpool. Moyeside
Re: stupid petty unbeleivable compalints from customers
"Excuse me Postie, you put this through my door by mistake, I think its for next door !" - You mean, you've waited 24hours and actually walked past said address to tell me this..even thought the number on the front of the letter was correct and I'd posted it through, what was seen as the right door ! Morons.
Years ago, we had the classic, which has been echoed in other regions. of an irate customer calling back the Postie to complain that, they'e lived here for over ten years and know for a fact "The Occupiers" don't live here, !!

Years ago, we had the classic, which has been echoed in other regions. of an irate customer calling back the Postie to complain that, they'e lived here for over ten years and know for a fact "The Occupiers" don't live here, !!
-
thecyclingexpostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 15 Feb 2012, 13:51
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid petty unbeleivable compalints from customers
had a letter (an rm payslip of all things) which had gone in the wrong 24 the previous day. bloke came out and gave it to me to "take back to the depot because it's for miles across town". i took it, and noticed that it was for the road at the top of his, which took all of 30 seconds for me to deliver…
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: stupid petty unbeleivable compalints from customers
Funny enough i have this going on with one of my customers right now although its 2 cars on the grass. I got "Cant you use the path !" shouted out of a window so i pointed out the 2 cars parked in the garden and the reply was "Yes i know but we are having it dug up and concreted soon"beanmuncha wrote:don't walk on the grass your ruining it (there's a car parked on it
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
zola4ever
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 08 Aug 2007, 14:58
- Gender: Male
- Location: NORTH OF PENZANCE
Re: stupid petty unbeleivable compalints from customers
If you want complaints you should work in the callers office. Been in there for two and a bit years now due to my Arthritis. I get more grief in one week there , than I did in twenty five years of walking.
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid petty unbeleivable compalints from customers
If you hadnt said it I WOULDVE ! ! ! Imagine what his P739s look likeGeneral Mannerheim wrote:Have you had one of moaning about paragraphs?
ANYWAYS I was in the callers office while on rehab . Bloke comes in and says hes forgotten his P739 card but still wants to pick up his parcel .
I inform him he needs the card OR I.D . He has neither but INSISTS on getting his parcel . I tell him not a chance and go look in his car for I.D .
He gives me his name and address before he goes and looks and I look it out for him and put it aside out of sight . He comes back and says hes not got any I.D .
Hes told to go home and get it ( its about 5 minutes away
Well the shelf behind me is for firms in the industrial estate where we are based and theres nothing there for households . I tell him hes wrong ( as I have put his parcel aside earlier LOL ) . He insists im wrong so I tell him we will put a bet on it . £10 to who is right . IF hes right he gets the parcel and £10 . He agrees with a great big smile . I get the parcel he points to and dont even look at the address and ask him to read it for me . His face is a picture . " ......... but I was really sure that was mine ........
I inform him THATS why we dont just give out stuff willy nilly . He tosses the £10 on the desk and walks away . I wait till hes at the door and shout on him and throw the £10 back on the table for him . He sheepishly picks it up and goes away .
Other times when im on delivery and i have a P739 from a driver or previous day postie to deliver for one reason or another I quite often get chased down the road .
Mostly Oi im in or You never chapped the door or Here give me my parcel . I just tell them to check the date . EVERYTHING they need to know is on the card ! ! !
The best one is the surcharge card . I posted one and the woman came out snarling . WHY THE F*** didnt you chap my door ? ? ? Why WOULD I chap your door ? BECAUSE YOU POSTED THIS ( shaking the card at me ) .......... and ? AND ? ? ? You posties are all the same ........ work-shy b******s ! ! ! Really ?? Did you READ the card ? I bet you didnt . OH YOU CHEEKY B*****D ! ! ! Madam read the card please as all you need is ON the card ( me staying really calm is just winding her up more and more by the second ) I READ IT I TOLD YOU ! ! ! ! Well then you should know its a card thats asking for MONEY and you need to goto the office . She looks at the card and walks away without a word
-
foodforthought
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 29 Jun 2011, 20:37
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid petty unbeleivable compalints from customers
when you don't rise to them is the best, they absolutely hate it haha
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Re: stupid petty unbeleivable compalints from customers
was on a new walk a couple of weeks ago, a nice easy run. got back on time, no cock ups so was naturally feeling quite pleased with myself.
that is until PHG comes up to me with 2 complaints. one old biddy complaining that i hadn't pushed her mail all the way through and it was hanging by a corner in her letter box. fair enough i thought (we get alot of this type)
the next one, someone complaining that i HAD pushed her mail all the way through and that she had to pick it up off her mat and according to her it's unacceptable at her age to be forced to bend all the way down to the floor to pick it up!
Sometime i fell we're just damned if we do and damned if we don't!
that is until PHG comes up to me with 2 complaints. one old biddy complaining that i hadn't pushed her mail all the way through and it was hanging by a corner in her letter box. fair enough i thought (we get alot of this type)
the next one, someone complaining that i HAD pushed her mail all the way through and that she had to pick it up off her mat and according to her it's unacceptable at her age to be forced to bend all the way down to the floor to pick it up!
Sometime i fell we're just damned if we do and damned if we don't!