Budfrog wrote:The feedback that you get around Saturdays is that they are the same as any working day and if its OK for Shop Workers and people in other industries like healthcare then its OK for delivery postmen.
No offence to shop workers and healthcare workers but one of the major issues about Saturday working in delivery is not the hours but the sheer physical nature of the delivery job which is never taken into account with this argument..
I could maybe handle working to 3pm on a Saturday a bit better if i didn't get home in pieces and spend the rest of my Saturday......fighting to stay awake.
It's the easiest game in the world to play spot the postie in a pub on a Saturday night.
Working on Saturday make life more difficult to plans around weekend.
I got a pass for dance festival on 31st March and due to changes at work it is not good due to finishing 3pm and I will be in Middlesbrough about 6pm or whatever. So I tried to book day off and I can only have it if I have whole week off not one day. I tried arguing about this but no. So I have to take whole week off.
I want Saturday delivery scrapped apart from parcels and special delivery. There is no need for Mr Smith to have Saga catalogue.
I took the job knowing I had to work Sats, but now had to give up my sport, friends and family still can't get it that I work til late afternoon, why can't RM just give a delivery to businesses etc, who are open, asleep by 8pm sat nite, gone are the days off clubbing, most households are out on Sats shopping etc so can't get rid of packets, specials, they than have to wait til Mon anyway
Darren Bent wrote:I want Saturday delivery scrapped apart from parcels and special delivery. There is no need for Mr Smith to have Saga catalogue.
Agree with this kind of solution:
How about Parcels/SDs/A4 sized letters/Wave 1 Mech and all manual letters on a Sat. If someone was desperate to have a normal letter delivered on a Sat from outside the area they could send it A4 (and pay the extra of course). This would mean that the MPUs would still process the Sat letter work on Fri/Sat but have the DOs deliver only Wave 1 on Sat and carry over Wave 2 till Mon which would accordingly be a heavier day for letter traffic.
Darren Bent wrote:I want Saturday delivery scrapped apart from parcels and special delivery. There is no need for Mr Smith to have Saga catalogue.
Agree with this kind of solution:
How about Parcels/SDs/A4 sized letters/Wave 1 Mech and all manual letters on a Sat. If someone was desperate to have a normal letter delivered on a Sat from outside the area they could send it A4 (and pay the extra of course). This would mean that the MPUs would still process the Sat letter work on Fri/Sat but have the DOs deliver only Wave 1 on Sat and carry over Wave 2 till Mon which would accordingly be a heavier day for letter traffic.
Agree in principal. However, if certain mail starts to be left on a sat we could lose business....I always leave Mailsort, although that seems to be decreasing on a sat these days
Budfrog wrote:How about Parcels/SDs/A4 sized letters/Wave 1 Mech and all manual letters on a Sat. If someone was desperate to have a normal letter delivered on a Sat from outside the area they could send it A4 (and pay the extra of course). This would mean that the MPUs would still process the Sat letter work on Fri/Sat but have the DOs deliver only Wave 1 on Sat and carry over Wave 2 till Mon which would accordingly be a heavier day for letter traffic.
Isn't that a variation of what the SDD agreement brought in - making Saturday attendance lighter - and what we lost after BT2010? We're now held hostage by DSA from Wednesday to Saturday.