ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Repicked FT duty, still PT....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mailmonkey
Posts: 431
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
Gender: Male

Re: Repicked FT duty, still PT....

Post by mailmonkey »

POSTMAN wrote:A revision has been implemented,duties have been put into a resign (on the board),under the way forward agreement part timers are able to sign for full time duties,and become full time.
End of!

You are being had over.
this is great! thanks :Very Happy

I know I'm being had over, i suspected it anyway...

Now, how to tackle it when the local and area reps are unwilling to challenge it? And management don't care for being honest about stuff like this.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Repicked FT duty, still PT....

Post by POSTMAN »

mailmonkey wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:A revision has been implemented,duties have been put into a resign (on the board),under the way forward agreement part timers are able to sign for full time duties,and become full time.
End of!

You are being had over.
this is great! thanks :Very Happy

I know I'm being had over, i suspected it anyway...

Now, how to tackle it when the local and area reps are unwilling to challenge it? And management don't care for being honest about stuff like this.
Contact HQ yourself.Or even Moya justsayit@royalmail.com
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
mailmonkey
Posts: 431
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
Gender: Male

Re: Repicked FT duty, still PT....

Post by mailmonkey »

CWU HQ yeah? You got a link for who I should email please?

and thanks, will save me going through this nonsensical and pointless grievance procedure.

You've given me a glimmer of hope, for the first time in a while.

emailing Moya? surely whoever mans her emails is gonna be even more skilled in the art of bullsht than my unit manager?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Repicked FT duty, still PT....

Post by POSTMAN »

mailmonkey wrote:CWU HQ yeah? You got a link for who I should email please?

and thanks, will save me going through this nonsensical and pointless grievance procedure.

You've given me a glimmer of hope, for the first time in a while.

emailing Moya? surely whoever mans her emails is gonna be even more skilled in the art of bullsht than my unit manager?
bgibson@cwu.org

Moya's team will look into it,if a dodgy practice especially against the 2010 agreement is going on they would want it sorted.
Your managers and your DSM will be involved so be prepared.Just as your ADR and Div reps will be also if you contact uncle Bob.

Personally if i was in your shoes and getting stitched up/nowhere i would do it,but that's me.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
mailmonkey
Posts: 431
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
Gender: Male

Re: Repicked FT duty, still PT....

Post by mailmonkey »

I've already fallen out with my div rep anyway, so nothing lost there, I don't have any faith in our area rep either, the pair of them stitched us up and forced through revisions.

As long as i know where I stand i'm happy to keep at it.

Again, what's it coming to where union members are likely to be infear of retaliation from ADRs, div reps, just for fighting for their rights?

Thanks for all your help Postman, I'm drafting an email tonight, and I'll go in tomorrow and see if the other 3 members in the same boat as me wnat to put their names to it as well.

Our local rep will be very displeased with me, but he doesn't seem to have a clue about anything to do with this revision and its implementation...the members weren't even ballotted on whether or not to acept it at this office....lol...hence my reluctance to force a ballot, or a sit-in....
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Repicked FT duty, still PT....

Post by POSTMAN »

Good luck with it,let us know how you get on.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
roger
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 148
Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 18:51

Re: Repicked FT duty, still PT....

Post by roger »

mailmonkey wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:A revision has been implemented,duties have been put into a resign (on the board),under the way forward agreement part timers are able to sign for full time duties,and become full time.
End of!

You are being had over.
this is great! thanks :Very Happy

I know I'm being had over, i suspected it anyway...

Now, how to tackle it when the local and area reps are unwilling to challenge it? And management don't care for being honest about stuff like this.
Not if it leaves a full timer without a full-time duty.
mailmonkey
Posts: 431
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
Gender: Male

Re: Repicked FT duty, still PT....

Post by mailmonkey »

what you mean roger?

I'm taking a FT duty off a full timer? I'm not...I've picked a FT duty in the repick, all the Fters had a pick of FT jobs,i was the most senior PTer, and the 3 below me also also managed to pick FT duties....a couple who had been FT before picked to go down to PT as some of the FT duties looked so awful after revision.

I'm not trying to take a FT job from anyone.
roger
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 148
Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 18:51

Re: Repicked FT duty, still PT....

Post by roger »

mailmonkey wrote:what you mean roger?

I'm taking a FT duty off a full timer? I'm not...I've picked a FT duty in the repick, all the Fters had a pick of FT jobs,i was the most senior PTer, and the 3 below me also also managed to pick FT duties....a couple who had been FT before picked to go down to PT as some of the FT duties looked so awful after revision.

I'm not trying to take a FT job from anyone.
I`m not say that.All I`m saying as someone pointed out the "Way Forward"state s that p/ts can sign for f/t duties in a re-sign,but only if all f/ts in that unit have a duty.