ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What type of customers annoy you most

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Post by DirtyHarry »

The sad sacks who get shite every single day, no let up, every single day, you'll go up their path, up to their door, every day, every single day, with an
armfull of shite, catalogues, brochures, more feckin catalogues, that shite with "IMPORTANT" stamped across it, telling the stupid buggers they've won a
zillion quid...But. And the tits who get packets every day, every single feckin day without fail, they've got packets, for the love of God, have a feckin day
off you twisted bleeders. :evil/mad

I have several of the above on my round. :roll: :evil/mad
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

DirtyHarry wrote:The sad sacks who get shite every single day, no let up, every single day, you'll go up their path, up to their door, every day, every single day, with an
armfull of shite, catalogues, brochures, more feckin catalogues, that shite with "IMPORTANT" stamped across it, telling the stupid buggers they've won a
zillion quid...But. And the tits who get packets every day, every single feckin day without fail, they've got packets, for the love of God, have a feckin day
off you twisted bleeders. :evil/mad

I have several of the above on my round. :roll: :evil/mad
I have as well but most gave me a tip so is all good in the end. One even said "This is for looking after my packets and crap- thanks" :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Post by DirtyHarry »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I have as well but most gave me a tip so is all good in the end. One even said "This is for looking after my packets and crap- thanks" :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
A couple of mine gave me a tip as well, I was thinking of the long, long, year ahead. :sad: I tend to lapse into a deep depression this time of the year,
mate. :Very Happy :wink:
haveagojoe
Posts: 159
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 18:14
Gender: Male
Location: You Guess

Post by haveagojoe »

The one that gets me is a stupid woman on my walk who has great pleasure in letting her two dogs out as soon as she hears the mail drop through the letterbox, she must just love seeing me kick the little ba**ards.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Post by Lounge Lizard »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:The sad sacks who get shite every single day, no let up, every single day, you'll go up their path, up to their door, every day, every single day, with an
armfull of shite, catalogues, brochures, more feckin catalogues, that shite with "IMPORTANT" stamped across it, telling the stupid buggers they've won a
zillion quid...But. And the tits who get packets every day, every single feckin day without fail, they've got packets, for the love of God, have a feckin day
off you twisted bleeders. :evil/mad

I have several of the above on my round. :roll: :evil/mad
I have as well but most gave me a tip so is all good in the end. One even said "This is for looking after my packets and crap- thanks" :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
I've got two who get packets on a daily basis, but one gave me a tip and the other ( not before time ) has told me that the front door is always unlocked - so no problem with them.
And there's one house with a letter box so small you can't get a magazine or lightly-packed CD through, but they say they can't change it as the building's listed.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:The sad sacks who get shite every single day, no let up, every single day, you'll go up their path, up to their door, every day, every single day, with an
armfull of shite, catalogues, brochures, more feckin catalogues, that shite with "IMPORTANT" stamped across it, telling the stupid buggers they've won a
zillion quid...But. And the tits who get packets every day, every single feckin day without fail, they've got packets, for the love of God, have a feckin day
off you twisted bleeders. :evil/mad

I have several of the above on my round. :roll: :evil/mad
I have as well but most gave me a tip so is all good in the end. One even said "This is for looking after my packets and crap- thanks" :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
I've got two who get packets on a daily basis, but one gave me a tip and the other ( not before time ) has told me that the front door is always unlocked - so no problem with them.
And there's one house with a letter box so small you can't get a magazine or lightly-packed CD through, but they say they can't change it as the building's listed.
Perhaps they could fit this somewhere for you: ?

Image

available at Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parcel-Safe-PS1 ... 640&sr=8-1
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Paul
Posts: 43
Joined: 02 Aug 2007, 11:10

Post by Paul »

I work in a large mail centre and my wife was expecting a xmas card from a family member when it did not turn up she asked me to have look around when I go in. She said it would lying around somewhere. :crazy:
Rowdy
Posts: 133
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 13:29
Gender: Male
Location: People's Republic of Scotland

Post by Rowdy »

When you have handed a packet or parcel over to a customer and when you are walking away they ask, "do I have to sign for this". In my head, "why would I be walking away if you had to sign for it". Or, when you've nothing for an address and walk past the gate and someone in the garden says, " any mail for us today", I'm just dying to say, "yeah but thought I'd pop back with it later".
Down with the blackleg, all workers unite.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

"I hope there no Bills in this lot" :roll: :roll:

answer

"No I've given him his already" :left:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
ewen1956
Posts: 59
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 11:18

what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by ewen1956 »

Well I also notice it is the folks with the 1950's size letter boxes that always get the steady stream of Jiffy's and bulky flats! - - - - Feel like sneaking up some night with the Black and Decker and making some adjustments!
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Post by Big Daz »

Get my name wrong.
Carnoustie
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 793
Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 22:00

Post by Carnoustie »

Big Daz wrote:Get my name wrong.
With a name like yours, I'm suprised you don't get either Danny Baker or Shane Richie trying to tuck you under their armpit and trying to use you for a 'doorstep challenge' :Very Happy


Image
ray of sunshine
Posts: 117
Joined: 31 Jul 2007, 22:45

on holiday again!

Post by ray of sunshine »

When i tell my customers i am on holiday, the response is again?????? :mad :mad
Some customers moaning how late the mail has been over xmas :mad :mad
Then ducking and diving to go to all lengths of avoiding me over the xmas period.....
these customers have very very short memories and the leather bound book of no favours will have their name carved into it............
Like they say leave it with a family member who lives in the same road (no chance mate now, remember the route to the do because u will be making lots of journeys there........) :Very Happy :Very Happy
Just leave it behind the pot if we are not in(again no chance!)
I have had customers who have i have known for nearly 15 years walk straight past me without saying good morning, or finally coming to the door not saying thank you(esp when its raining or a sat morning)
2008 that book is going to be quite full!

dont get me started on customers did i tell u about the catching 2 customers s******g in the back of a car one sat morning at 8.30am!
didnt know where to look :funneh :funneh :funneh
see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil
jafferpants
Posts: 727
Joined: 24 May 2007, 16:21
Location: OVER THE HILL

Post by jafferpants »

What do my customers do that anoys me.? BREATH :evil/mad
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

jafferpants wrote:What do my customers do that anoys me.? BREATH :evil/mad
Yes those that have halitosis - :Sick
Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.