ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
A D2D whisper
-
jessicarabbit
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 19:57
- Gender: Female
Re: A D2D whisper
I understand the theory but it is fighting a losing battle to explain to posties that it is just workload now. Delivery Postman who prep and deliver 6 D2D in a week certainly feel they are working harder for their 40 hours than the PHG who sits reading the paper and sipping coffee with the DOM for his 40 hours.....and he may have a point.
-
RTP
- Posts: 863
- Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: A D2D whisper
Solve this one....
The D2D that are to be delivered next week that have the big wooden cross. It's all for a good cause and all that, but going by the book there will be the odd customer with tiny letter boxes on the odd round. So if the crosses won't go through, then going by the book what is a postman supposed to do. Write the cross off as 'unable to deliver' or put in a 'notice left'?
The D2D that are to be delivered next week that have the big wooden cross. It's all for a good cause and all that, but going by the book there will be the odd customer with tiny letter boxes on the odd round. So if the crosses won't go through, then going by the book what is a postman supposed to do. Write the cross off as 'unable to deliver' or put in a 'notice left'?
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: A D2D whisper
The point I was trying to make was that the extra pay is a 'supplement' which could be up for discussion as opposed to basic pay which isn't/wouldn't be.
Might we go back to the old system where you get paid per item but still have them classed as live mail??
Might we go back to the old system where you get paid per item but still have them classed as live mail??
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: A D2D whisper
No..because they won't pay you twice for them,in duty time and a unit payment.Indy wrote: Might we go back to the old system where you get paid per item but still have them classed as live mail??
That is why the delivery supplement is not a D2D supplement.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: A D2D whisper
Personally I would give up the delivery supplement because I don't deliver anything and I am sure there are many others who would do the same - but because of the small numbers involved it would be an empty gesture.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: A D2D whisper
Interesting.... obviously RM has the countrywide picture of D2D loads per postie but from what I can see they've shot themselves in the foot with this deal. IF we were getting 5/6 every week then they'd be laughing all the way to the bank BUT in the last month I've had 3! When I first started I was getting 2 or 3 EVERY week. If others are being denied 20 minutes extended coz RM are broke I and others can't see this D2D deal continuing. I've been paid £120 to deliver 3 D2D FFS!fishtank wrote:No..because they won't pay you twice for them,in duty time and a unit payment.Indy wrote: Might we go back to the old system where you get paid per item but still have them classed as live mail??
That is why the delivery supplement is not a D2D supplement.
-
R5Rich
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Re: A D2D whisper
Are you not meant to put them inside the biggest item?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: A D2D whisper
As much as I hate door to doors especially the big flimsy and stupid-shaped ones, I'd love it, just love it, if I had one that didn't fit. I'd P735 it without a second thought.RTP wrote:Solve this one....
The D2D that are to be delivered next week that have the big wooden cross. It's all for a good cause and all that, but going by the book there will be the odd customer with tiny letter boxes on the odd round. So if the crosses won't go through, then going by the book what is a postman supposed to do. Write the cross off as 'unable to deliver' or put in a 'notice left'?
That would teach the idiots to have tiny letterboxes and expect to get mail.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: A D2D whisper
Apparently NOT but a bind eye is turned in my office as long as there are none left on Saturday.R5Rich wrote:Are you not meant to put them inside the biggest item?
-
Wiltshireboy
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 31 Oct 2007, 18:14
- Location: Tidworth Wiltshire
Re: A D2D whisper
I Had 6 this week.RTP wrote:No, but I do have another couple of questions on D2D.
1.How many D2D is supposed to trigger them coming together as one in plastic sleeves? From memory I thought it was 6 lots.
2. Has anyone had 6 lots and if so, did they come in plastic sleeves.
Ta.
-
chelseachris
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 14:28
- Gender: Male
Re: A D2D whisper
We have them as well thank god i am off next weekDGP1 wrote:I've got those too but only 1 sector out of 3 have themjessicarabbit wrote:Not sure about any of this but we have had 6 or more than one occasion on the South Coast in the last few months. Next week the D2D from hell. The Red Cross I think and each envelope literally contains a C5 size wooden cross in it. Gonna be fun.......
-
box_shana
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 26 Aug 2011, 20:48
- Gender: Male
Re: A D2D whisper
I cannot believe that RM make much of a profit from these D2D, I mean how can they undercut the d2d leaflet distributors who pay minimum wage and have I imagine a lot lower overheads then RM do. Anyway as I have already said, I hate these d2d, waste of time, for posties, customer, and environment, and all for what must be a poor return for RM.
If RM want to make/save more money then maybe their directors should take a pay cut ! yeah I know I must be dreaming
Anyway this guy had enough of them as well !!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... carry.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
amazing that he actually went to trial for burning d2d FFS whats the world coming too ? I wonder if this would have happened to a leaflet distributer worker who burned or dumped their leaflets ? I doubt it, though i may be wrong.
If RM want to make/save more money then maybe their directors should take a pay cut ! yeah I know I must be dreaming
Anyway this guy had enough of them as well !!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... carry.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
amazing that he actually went to trial for burning d2d FFS whats the world coming too ? I wonder if this would have happened to a leaflet distributer worker who burned or dumped their leaflets ? I doubt it, though i may be wrong.
-
weirdo
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 15 Feb 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
Re: A D2D whisper
Fishtank,
We all got the early shift allowence.
PHG's and drivers do not have to prep and deliverer d2ds, well not as many as us PROPER posties.
Quid pro quo.
We all got the early shift allowence.
PHG's and drivers do not have to prep and deliverer d2ds, well not as many as us PROPER posties.
Quid pro quo.
-
gerardy
- Posts: 315
- Joined: 21 Feb 2009, 12:14
- Gender: Male
Re: A D2D whisper
I know the d2d's were built into measured workload after the BT agreement, and yes i know that they had time built in for the extra indoor work and the extra outdoor work.
What i do not understand though is how and why they are not added into the offices traffic figures weekly when they are classified as live mail.
What i do not understand though is how and why they are not added into the offices traffic figures weekly when they are classified as live mail.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: A D2D whisper
We DON'T want them in a sleeves! Also...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 42&t=38449" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;In 2009/10 there was 2.8 bilion items a year , quiet in the summer , busy in the autumn and with no deliveries over christmas.
In 2010/2011 , the cap released to 4 items in June but with no prior planning , cap release to 5 in August , Christmas Open but most campaigns plans already made in the market. Cap release to 6 in January 2011. Traffic increased to 3.2 billion items.
Plan for 2011 /2012 improved notice christmas campaigns hoping for an increase of 3.7 billion items.
Door to door is still bucking the marketing trend. Royal Mail have won some growth in the retail sectonr and with supermarkets.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.