ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Your day off and your round doesn't get done?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: Your day off and your round doesn't get done?

Post by CharlesSpooner »

dvbuk55 wrote: The new order is a frightening place for some charles. They have part time contracts and are more or less coralled into working any and all hours requested.
Some have 25 hour contracts and are working 40+ hours a week and the union response is non-existant. After the last revision some part timers were made up to 40 hours BUT only temporarily and that was 10/11 months ago and they are still temporary. That was because the workload was supposed to even out......well it has, so why have the contracts not been substantiated.
True - I was perhaps overlooking the newer members of our happy family. You see them getting bullied into doing a lot more than they need. In our office though we're quite fortunate that the managers who try this kind of thing on have a lot of enemies amongst the OPG's so there's always a few full-timers ready to stick their oar in on behalf of the PT'er and put a robust defence forward :Very Happy

My point was more aimed at those on a substansive contract. There's so many rushing round in a flap or stamping their feet and screaming because they can't get home for This Morning like they used to. :crazy:
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Your day off and your round doesn't get done?

Post by DGP1 »

There's so many rushing round in a flap or stamping their feet and screaming because they can't get home for This Morning like they used to
But Holly Willobooby is on :Very Happy

Seriously though, I only want to work my hours, I will do my lapsing over the summer whenever I have the time but I want to finish at my time during the heavy periods too.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio