ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What time do you usually finish your round ?
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: What time do you usually finish your round ?
In the "quiet summer period" I can just about finish on time most days, but it is very tight, going over by <20 minutes on the heavier days. Around Xmas and end of tax year, I can easily go over by an hour or more on the heavier days, with Mondays and most Tuesdays being the only days I can just about finish on time.
But especially outside the "quiet summer period," there is then the o/t to do through cut-offs or absences, needed to make ends meet...
Being a PTer, if I go over by 10 minutes or more (which is usually the case if I go over), it is written on the pressure docket... If RM are happy to have me on a PT contract where I get no pro-rota holiday/sick pay for the any extra I do (which is just so wrong and I wish the CWU would address this, it may be "voluntary" overtime, but nobody working <30 hours can support themselves and their family in a mortgaged/rented home), when I see the same likely suspects on the way home early while I'm still delivering, damn right I'm going to claim every bit of legitimate docket including any additional meal relief allowance that comes about because of working longer hours.
But especially outside the "quiet summer period," there is then the o/t to do through cut-offs or absences, needed to make ends meet...
Being a PTer, if I go over by 10 minutes or more (which is usually the case if I go over), it is written on the pressure docket... If RM are happy to have me on a PT contract where I get no pro-rota holiday/sick pay for the any extra I do (which is just so wrong and I wish the CWU would address this, it may be "voluntary" overtime, but nobody working <30 hours can support themselves and their family in a mortgaged/rented home), when I see the same likely suspects on the way home early while I'm still delivering, damn right I'm going to claim every bit of legitimate docket including any additional meal relief allowance that comes about because of working longer hours.
-
Harry_Perkins
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 15:42
- Gender: Male
Re: What time do you usually finish your round ?
Bloody hell, I'm half done on a Tuesday by that stage. Out at about 8.10. Absurd the differences from office to office.bringon4dayweeks wrote:dream on we dont have the missort run back to 920amHarry_Perkins wrote:This weather: 6am start. Finish around 11am Monday-Wednesday (sometimes earlier on Tuesday) and Saturday. 12.30pm/1pm Thursday and Friday. Take 20 minutes meal relief before going out.
You must understand that I am here purely as A BEARER OF MESSAGES.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: What time do you usually finish your round ?
I never finish before 1.30, even getting out before 8.................some offices out there are going to be in for a real shock when the revisions are forced through and they have to stay out until they're due finish time (and in most cases beyond that time).Harry_Perkins wrote:Bloody hell, I'm half done on a Tuesday by that stage. Out at about 8.10. Absurd the differences from office to office.bringon4dayweeks wrote:dream on we dont have the missort run back to 920amHarry_Perkins wrote:This weather: 6am start. Finish around 11am Monday-Wednesday (sometimes earlier on Tuesday) and Saturday. 12.30pm/1pm Thursday and Friday. Take 20 minutes meal relief before going out.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: What time do you usually finish your round ?
We don't get a missort run anymore. Still don't get out until 9.30-10am though.bringon4dayweeks wrote:dream on we dont have the missort run back to 920amHarry_Perkins wrote:This weather: 6am start. Finish around 11am Monday-Wednesday (sometimes earlier on Tuesday) and Saturday. 12.30pm/1pm Thursday and Friday. Take 20 minutes meal relief before going out.
-
wiganpostie
- Posts: 670
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Re: What time do you usually finish your round ?
At the moment we are getting out before 9 AM, but even then it is a struggle to get finished before 1.40 PM, our cut off time.
Or should I re-word that and say that it's easy to cut off? 
-
BillyPosty
- Posts: 237
- Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 13:12
- Gender: Male
-
Davie8798
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 01 Sep 2011, 14:55
- Gender: Male
Re: What time do you usually finish your round ?
I started working on a 3 month contract 2 weeks ago.
Problem is no-one tells you what you are supposed to do. Contract says work 9am -2pm - haven't been shown how to sort the round.
Am I supposed to sort the round? I've started work at 8.40 and get finished before 2 so I'm not complaining , but I sometimes sense the other guys think I'm turning in late. Sometimes I arrive and the walk is sorted for me- sometimes I sort it myself. Don't want to cheese off my work 'mates' just want to do what I'm supposed to do. Tried asking but they've either got their heads down or say "I come in at 7am"
Problem is no-one tells you what you are supposed to do. Contract says work 9am -2pm - haven't been shown how to sort the round.
Am I supposed to sort the round? I've started work at 8.40 and get finished before 2 so I'm not complaining , but I sometimes sense the other guys think I'm turning in late. Sometimes I arrive and the walk is sorted for me- sometimes I sort it myself. Don't want to cheese off my work 'mates' just want to do what I'm supposed to do. Tried asking but they've either got their heads down or say "I come in at 7am"
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: What time do you usually finish your round ?
I know it's had when you only have a temporary contract but don't come in before your start time (9am in your case), the amount of work depends on what time you have available in your day, 5 hours seems a bit odd but I would suppose you just come in, bag up and go.Davie8798 wrote:I started working on a 3 month contract 2 weeks ago.
Problem is no-one tells you what you are supposed to do. Contract says work 9am -2pm - haven't been shown how to sort the round.
Am I supposed to sort the round? I've started work at 8.40 and get finished before 2 so I'm not complaining , but I sometimes sense the other guys think I'm turning in late. Sometimes I arrive and the walk is sorted for me- sometimes I sort it myself. Don't want to cheese off my work 'mates' just want to do what I'm supposed to do. Tried asking but they've either got their heads down or say "I come in at 7am"
About time something was done regarding different contracts, 4/5/6/7/8 hours a day is just too confusing for everyone.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: What time do you usually finish your round ?
It depends on the delivery span in the DO.DGP1 wrote:Davie8798 wrote: 5 hours seems a bit odd but I would suppose you just come in, bag up and go.
On a 5hr day, a 4hr delivery should already be bagged up.
It should be clear to the OPG, what he is expected to do on a daily basis and what should be done for him.
If the walk should be fully prepped, the walk should be fully prepped on a daily basis.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: What time do you usually finish your round ?
clashcityrocker wrote: It should be clear to the OPG, what he is expected to do on a daily basis and what should be done for him.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
box_shana
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 26 Aug 2011, 20:48
- Gender: Male
Re: What time do you usually finish your round ?
clashcityrocker wrote:It depends on the delivery span in the DO.DGP1 wrote:Davie8798 wrote: 5 hours seems a bit odd but I would suppose you just come in, bag up and go.
On a 5hr day, a 4hr delivery should already be bagged up.
It should be clear to the OPG, what he is expected to do on a daily basis and what should be done for him.
If the walk should be fully prepped, the walk should be fully prepped on a daily basis.
Yes in an ideal world, but for me I have been told to start at 10.00am now(it was 9.00am), and have to spend 2 hours sorting letters, packages, redirections, door to doors and then bagging up. This means I don't actually get to deliver anything until about 12.15pm, therefore I don't finish until 4.00pm. I have been claiming overtime for this now and I don't mind doing it if I am getting paid, but I am told it wont be payed until the week after you do the overtime, is this right ? Anyway I have never finished within my time since I started because of all the prep work I need to do before I go out on my round, and i am usually the last one out, since I have been given a heavy mail round (my bags are heaving full of parcels every day !!!!!)
-
BillyPosty
- Posts: 237
- Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 13:12
- Gender: Male
Re: What time do you usually finish your round ?
I'm on the same contract as you - I turn up around 8.40 / 8.45 and it's usually all sorted for me. On a 5 hour contract I believe you are meant to do your parcels, redirects, D2Ds and bundle up then go.Davie8798 wrote:I started working on a 3 month contract 2 weeks ago.
Problem is no-one tells you what you are supposed to do. Contract says work 9am -2pm - haven't been shown how to sort the round.
Am I supposed to sort the round? I've started work at 8.40 and get finished before 2 so I'm not complaining , but I sometimes sense the other guys think I'm turning in late. Sometimes I arrive and the walk is sorted for me- sometimes I sort it myself. Don't want to cheese off my work 'mates' just want to do what I'm supposed to do. Tried asking but they've either got their heads down or say "I come in at 7am"
On the occasion it's not all sorted and I end up finishing late I claim overtime. If you get there too early they will notice this and leave the last of the sorting for you to do - so don't turn up before your start time
-
kgrant34
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 24 Jul 2011, 22:25
- Gender: Male
Re: What time do you usually finish your round ?
On a 5 hour contract on a saturday. I am supposed to work from 8:30 to 1:30. My mail is supposed to be prepped for me , but i now have to do it. Don't leave the office untill 9:30 and i am lucky to be finished around 2:30.
Only been in the job for 1 month and hate it. On Saturday i finished at 4:30 and my manager said he will not pay overtime i am owed.
I will be lucky to get 1 hour. Plus i got my first complaint for misdelivering mail.
From now on i will cut off at 1:30 and return to the office, with undeliverd mail, i am not giving up rugby for this.
Only been in the job for 1 month and hate it. On Saturday i finished at 4:30 and my manager said he will not pay overtime i am owed.
From now on i will cut off at 1:30 and return to the office, with undeliverd mail, i am not giving up rugby for this.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: What time do you usually finish your round ?
Make sure of 2 things before you cut off.kgrant34 wrote:On a 5 hour contract on a Saturday. I am supposed to work from 8:30 to 1:30. My mail is supposed to be prepped for me , but i now have to do it. Don't leave the office untill 9:30 and i am lucky to be finished around 2:30.
Only been in the job for 1 month and hate it. On Saturday i finished at 4:30 and my manager said he will not pay overtime i am owed.I will be lucky to get 1 hour. Plus i got my first complaint for misdelivering mail.
From now on i will cut off at 1:30 and return to the office, with undelivered mail, i am not giving up rugby for this.
1. You have a witness
2. You follow the local procedure (if they were daft enough to agree to one, or it got accepted without consultation) or the national one http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ng#p180740" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
then you should be okay.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
kgrant34
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 24 Jul 2011, 22:25
- Gender: Male
Re: What time do you usually finish your round ?
Thanks for the information, i did not know that this existed. I have threatened to cut off before, but the manager has told me i am expected to do this route in 3 .5 hours no chance. Yet to recive 1 overtime payment.