ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

starburst?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: starburst?

Post by fishtank »

hampshireman wrote:
Clash; Starburst is three in a van ; where you 'burst' out and deliver. Nothing to do with lapsing or with finishing early
I think that the OP meant lapsing...different areas have different names for it.
Starburst was another bad idea from another time.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: starburst?

Post by DGP1 »

fishtank wrote:
hampshireman wrote:
Clash; Starburst is three in a van ; where you 'burst' out and deliver. Nothing to do with lapsing or with finishing early
I think that the OP meant lapsing...different areas have different names for it.
Starburst was another bad idea from another time.
Has anyone made the Opal Fruit joke yet :hmmmm :nervous :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: starburst?

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

DGP1 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
hampshireman wrote:
Clash; Starburst is three in a van ; where you 'burst' out and deliver. Nothing to do with lapsing or with finishing early
I think that the OP meant lapsing...different areas have different names for it.
Starburst was another bad idea from another time.
Has anyone made the Opal Fruit joke yet :hmmmm :nervous :chuckle :chuckle
I've been resisting since I saw the thread posted a few days ago! :chuckle
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12214
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: starburst?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
hampshireman wrote:
Clash; Starburst is three in a van ; where you 'burst' out and deliver. Nothing to do with lapsing or with finishing early
I think that the OP meant lapsing...different areas have different names for it.
Starburst was another bad idea from another time.
Has anyone made the Opal Fruit joke yet :hmmmm :nervous :chuckle :chuckle
I've been resisting since I saw the thread posted a few days ago! :chuckle
It probably sucks anyway :chuckle
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: starburst?

Post by Bahia Feliz »

I'm still wondering about the 'blue lining'?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: starburst?

Post by DGP1 »

hulcottflyer wrote:I'm still wondering about the 'blue lining'?
Any of you ever done some serious blue lining?
It when you get hold of a topographical map of an particular area, check the un fished rivers, by identifying the "blue lines". You then find out who the landowner is, through any means possible (usually through the deeds office or local municipal authority. Make contact with him, and ask if you can go fish his water.
It's very satisfying when you manage to get onto some decent water that no one else knows about, only to find, it has a healthy population of previously unfished trout.
http://www.flyforums.co.uk/general-fly- ... -done.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will this do???
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: starburst?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

hulcottflyer wrote:I'm still wondering about the 'blue lining'?
Is it street slang for "Blue Sky Thinking" :nervous
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: starburst?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Attacking players' skate position: One of a player's skates is not in contact with or behind the blue line of the attacking zone before the puck enters that zone.

Is it something to do with offside in ice hockey?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Stretch Watts

Re: starburst?

Post by Stretch Watts »

Spot on, pucker up son.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: starburst?

Post by fishtank »

Stretch Watts wrote:Spot on, pucker up son.
Is that a come on?
I think you might have the wrong kind of site. :nervous
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: starburst?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Sadly it is the best offer I have had in a long while. :oops:
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: starburst?

Post by DGP1 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Sadly it is the best offer I have had in a long while. :oops:
I've invited you to the naughty room before
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: starburst?

Post by CharlesSpooner »

hampshireman wrote:
Clash; Starburst is three in a van ; where you 'burst' out and deliver. Nothing to do with lapsing or with finishing early
Our office tried it with 6 or 7 to a minibus. Didn't work brilliantly but the banter was good and the OT was very generous - there was so much being brought back they were offering to pay us 2 hours OT for every hours OT actually worked:chuckle