ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How bad would the job have to get, for you to jack?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
singingpostman
Posts: 148
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 14:22

Re: How bad would the job have to get, for you to jack?

Post by singingpostman »

Whilst the pay is above average in my area for what is basically a non skilled job then I'll stay, I dont enjoy it anymore, but like the everyone else I have bills to pay.
happy
Posts: 66
Joined: 11 Apr 2011, 17:49
Gender: Male

Re: How bad would the job have to get, for you to jack?

Post by happy »

blackadder wrote:
happy wrote:do you not think that the job is going the way of later start times and longer rounds just so people will just leave the job. i know i wont leave unless a get evr after 22 years i for one will not go for nothing :so there
do you realy think that they wana give you a handout if you wana leave, i think not
true but i will keep going in till they pay me off because since park and loop came to our office am working till my time and am quite happy to do so knowing that they are just trying to get you to leave for f#### all.
surreymonkey
Posts: 37
Joined: 14 Sep 2009, 20:44
Gender: Male

Re: How bad would the job have to get, for you to jack?

Post by surreymonkey »

I have decided that if and when the late Saturday finish comes in then I will have to forgo the football. However that will mean a saving of around £600 pa. So when it all goes tits up and they start begging me to do OT, I can tell them to stick it as I don't need the money anymore!